Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!
Im a 35 year old female and I have a 2011 Victory Vegas 8 Ball.

Long story short- I wanted nothing more than for my husband to ride so I could be a regular passenger! But after 15 years of marriage, it was apparent that it wasn't going to happen..... So about 1.5 years ago I signed up for the motorcycle safety course and got my license. Everyone told me I couldn't handle it, but I bought a 2008 Honda Shadow 750cc as my first bike..... I did beautifully - it only took me a month of MAKING MYSELF ride daily before I wasn't shaking when I got off (lol).... And in less than a year, I bought the Victory. I LOVE MY VICTORY. I love it even more that the insurance agent says "are you sure??? Because the big Harley's are like 1300 or 1500cc" when I told her 1700cc engine.

Happy to be here! Love MY American made bike!
Gloria

Ps - Why Towanda? Have you ever seen Fried Green Tomatoes??

·
Registered
919 Posts
welcome to the site you will enjoy it here

·
Registered
470 Posts
wellcome from a former knox-villain!

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Welcome to the VF!

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
A soggy welcome from the Pacific Northwet, Gloria. Ain't nothing to dislike about a Victory. That from a guy who's been riding over 60 years and hated cruisers until his body needed a lower seat height. Now I won't go back to what I used to ride. I love the riding and the eatin' in the SE.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Gloria,

Enjoy the VV 8-Ball and welcome aboard. thumb up

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome aboard! Just try not to wreck any VW's over a parking space.thumb up

m
Haaaa! Funny..... Yes, Towanda took matters into her own hands, so it just seems appropriate with my motorcycle journey. My license plate is Towanda as well - I'm sure most people don't get it. ;-)

Have a great day!!
Gloria

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello All!
Im a 35 year old female and I have a 2011 Victory Vegas 8 Ball.

Long story short- I wanted nothing more than for my husband to ride so I could be a regular passenger! But after 15 years of marriage, it was apparent that it wasn't going to happen..... So about 1.5 years ago I signed up for the motorcycle safety course and got my license. Everyone told me I couldn't handle it, but I bought a 2008 Honda Shadow 750cc as my first bike..... I did beautifully - it only took me a month of MAKING MYSELF ride daily before I wasn't shaking when I got off (lol).... And in less than a year, I bought the Victory. I LOVE MY VICTORY. I love it even more that the insurance agent says "are you sure??? Because the big Harley's are like 1300 or 1500cc" when I told her 1700cc engine.

Happy to be here! Love MY American made bike!
Gloria

Ps - Why Towanda? Have you ever seen Fried Green Tomatoes??
Thanks everyone..... I really appreciate it! I'm still learning how to use the site so be patient with me.....

I'm off to figure out what pipes I want to get..... Hopefully I can find some good info. I love the look of the xbow black pipes, but the you tube videos (....stupid, right?!?? but i ride alone and ive never had the opp to hear in person....) sound like the idle isn't exactly what I want - and I'm afraid if I take the baffles out it will wake up the sweet toddler next door from her naps as I'm leaving the garage. :-/ I'm looking for a slow deep rumble without max volume. I like xbow without baffles - trying to figure out how loud it will be or pick another exhaust system.... Ill post on the Vegas section.

Thanks everyone.....

I like to skip the undertone associated with "Ride Safe"...... I prefer something a good friend taught me - RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!! :))

Have fun!
Gloria

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have fun with it. Maybe the old man will ride with you now and then.
He said he will ride anytime(I'm 5'4" 125 lbs and he's 6' 190 lbs) .... But if I let him bring his Kendal. .......no, he wasn't joking!!!! Lmao. I told him he's kind of missing the point.... It's hilarious.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I'm lovin' this! Back in the day, girls were supposed to be demure and guys did the adventuresome stuff. Way to go Gloria - you be adventuresome while hubby is the demure one. Make sure he knows where the vacuum and dust mop are while you are off riding. =)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome. You are awesome and your husband doesnt know what he is missing!

Towanda - she was the alter-ego of one of the characters, right? Nice choice :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome from Canada!

It's awesome to see more ladies riding motorcycles these days! thumb up

Tell yer hubby to make me a sandwich!:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts