Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be taking delivery of a new XR next week. Looking forward to riding my new bike and learning about Victory bikes from the forum members.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
XKnight, I am new here too. So far, for me, a Victory is just a dream, not a reality. I am investigating the Victory Vision but not yet fully committed. Even my wife says that when she sees me sitting on one I look out of place, unlike what I look like on an HD or even a Yamaha touring bike. Her impression is that the bike is just too big for me and I do not look settled in the way I do on other touring bikes. When I get a test drive I will know more for me, but so far I am excited about what I have read here.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XKnight, I am new here too. So far, for me, a Victory is just a dream, not a reality. I am investigating the Victory Vision but not yet fully committed. Even my wife says that when she sees me sitting on one I look out of place, unlike what I look like on an HD or even a Yamaha touring bike. Her impression is that the bike is just too big for me and I do not look settled in the way I do on other touring bikes. When I get a test drive I will know more for me, but so far I am excited about what I have read here.
I had a HD Road King and the Cross Roads I'm getting is definitely lighter, feels lower to the ground and easier to handle at low speeds. That being said, you have to decide what's most comfortable for you. Test ride as many models as you can and that will help you decided. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and congrats on the XR! Great advice to Oldman - test ride, test ride, test ride! I test rode a XC then immediately ordered an XR (didn't need tunes and such). Since getting my XR I've demo'd every bike accept the Vision (tunes again) and haven't found one that was easier to control and ride than anything I've ridden from other brands.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took delivery today and rode home about 70 miles from the dealer. Here is the first picture of my all stock CR. Plan on getting some highway bars and lower air deflectors soon. The sun is very bright today so it seems to have made the red paint look a bit orange.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
That is looking good XKnight. I wish the snow would go away and I could ride 70 miles today, or even this week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts