Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pulling the Jackpot out to ride it to work yesterday when I could hear a gravel rock/grinding sound coming from the rear tire. It did both walking it forward and backwards. The last time I rode it I got caught in some rain and got some dirt on it. Could that be causing the sound or am I looking at a possible wheel bearing issue?

What do you guys think? It's an 08 Jackpot with right at 15,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sounds like brake drag to me. My vision does it also. Don't seem to hurt anything.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
220 Posts
I second the brake drag. If it were a bearing you'd definitely hear it at speed as well and it would be much more pronounced.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My XCT does the same thing. I have taken everything apart and found no gravel, no dirt, nothing. Just the brakes dragging a bit. Has done it since near new.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Brake drag. My bike will do it as well from time to time after being in a rain or maybe even after a cleaning, I can't recall it with a cleaning but absolutely after rain. It goes away or at least mine does.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine does that as well especially if it has been sitting for a while. Just the brakes rubbing on the rotor a bit. Nothing to be worried about.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. I was just wondering because it had never done that before. I did ride to work (about 15 miles/25 min) and there was no difference in the normal sound while riding. When I got to work I rolled it back and forth again and had no abnormal sounds. 13 hrs later when I was leaving working I rolled it back and forth and heard it just a tiny bit. I am going to keep riding it and keep loving every second of it.

Thanks for everyones input.

·
Registered
632 Posts
To Quote most dealers ;They all do that.....:ltr:
Some more than ''others'', Especially when the bike been siting for a while..

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yeah it doesn't take long for rotor surfaces to rust either. Cars will develop visible surface rust overnight. I'm sure a bike that is outside in the same conditions will behave the same. (or put in the garage wet)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts