Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any pics they can post or point me to that show the factory front drive cover after this grinding has been done for a lowered JP? I bought mine used and already lowered and it had a custom made front cover on it that isnt nearly as nice/shiny as the OEM chrome piece. I dont have the extra $300-$400 for an aftermarket one, so I'd like to see how others have grinded the OEM. When I look at it from the back side it looks to me like if I grind it much at all it will grind all the way thru and make the bolt visible from outside of the cover, is that the case?

·
12,970 Posts
A guy by the name Diamond back a year or so posted a photo.
The post was about lowering a bike. Look up his name and go threw his post and I think you can find it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A guy by the name Diamond back a year or so posted a photo.
The post was about lowering a bike. Look up his name and go threw his post and I think you can find it.
hopefully he'll stop by the thread soon and be able to point me to it, I haven't been able to find a pic noting the detail of what to grind, etc. I'm particularly wondering how thick the metal is so I know how much I need to grind before it will go through the cover and be visible from the outside...

·
12,970 Posts
Its just cast aluminum I believe
Look for post on lowering bikes or changing front sprockets.
Diamond doesn't come around any more

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the thread, unfortunately even after filing it down it still rubs terribly...I don't see any way I can keep this bike lowered and keep the eom front belt cover

1 - 6 of 6 Posts