Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Just picked bike up from service for other issues which were addressed, but now I seem to have an issue that has gotten worse.

Since new, my bike has made a strange sound at parking lot speeds when I would pull in the clutch after applying light throttle, and slowing down. It sounds like a motor winding down, and appears to be transmission related in terms of speed (doesn't follow engine speed).

Now, after picking it up, the sound is much louder and I can now also feel it. Also, it now makes the sound and vibration with the clutch engaged (lever out) and maintaining a constant speed of around 7-10 mph.

At first I thought it was the rear brake dragging as that was one of the reasons for the dealer visit (boiled fluid in the lines due to being too close to the exhaust), but I touched the rear rotor after the ride and it wasn't even warm.

Any ideas? Belt rubbing? Clutch plates sticking?

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Is belt tension too tight? Possibly wheel bearing failure?

All,
Just picked bike up from service for other issues which were addressed, but now I seem to have an issue that has gotten worse.

Since new, my bike has made a strange sound at parking lot speeds when I would pull in the clutch after applying light throttle, and slowing down. It sounds like a motor winding down, and appears to be transmission related in terms of speed (doesn't follow engine speed).

Now, after picking it up, the sound is much louder and I can now also feel it. Also, it now makes the sound and vibration with the clutch engaged (lever out) and maintaining a constant speed of around 7-10 mph.

At first I thought it was the rear brake dragging as that was one of the reasons for the dealer visit (boiled fluid in the lines due to being too close to the exhaust), but I touched the rear rotor after the ride and it wasn't even warm.

Any ideas? Belt rubbing? Clutch plates sticking?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Mine too. From new to 16k miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts