Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be changing out the stock grips with a more custom look - my dilema is this - I would like to go to a grip such as the Assassin/Battistini/Knurled type grip.

I live in Texas so it gets HOT here in the summer - anyone have any experiance to share - specifically how they are in the heat - slippery? easy to grip?

Appreciate any comments!

jwr

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
I can tell you we don't use metal grips out here in the AZ desert. They just get too hot; even with gloves on. Something with rubber, leather, or a dense foam seems to work best but to each their own.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BBob - appreciate the responses - was curious so had to check it out before finding out the hard (and expensive) way - had the ISO grips on my old bike, really liked them and they may well end up being the grip of choice!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I installed the iso grips on mine and love them. for a more custom look I added the Stilletto spike end caps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought I would follow this up with my experience - maybe it will save someone the same frustration!

I decided to go with the Ness Deepcut grips - I like them, think they look sharp on e bike.

Word of caution to anyone thinking of these grips as I found this out the hard way - for whatever reason, the earliest version of these grips did NOT come with a throttle tube built in. I realized this right away, but figured - hey, just reuse the old one. Well, this is where things got interesting. The old throttle tube was very well 'connected' to the grip so needless to say, there was old rubber/glue all over it. So after I cleaned the tube up really well (Goo Gone works great!), I attempted to proceed with the installation.

Long story short, the old throttle tubes are 'thicker' than what apparently comes with the grip kits now as it was a VERY tight fit. It finally came down to using the old fashion method - soapy water! Finally got the grip on, gave the soapy water plenty of time to evaporate - been riding ever since! The fit is so tight - no twisting at all.

Ness has since include the throttle tube (reinstalled - not sure, but included!) in the grip kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts