Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I am... back again, with a slight modification.

And yes, my Vic is for sale still. I also have a Yamaha Road Star which I'll ride when the Vic is sold.

Just cutting back on the touring ... I'm too worn out after a trip these days and that spells NOT FUN anymore.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I am a moderator on another forum owned by Verticalscope/Motorcycles.com and a few users on that forum are also having difficulty with the password reset. When I was alerted by these users having problems, I would post in a moderator/admin hidden forum or PM the admins at "Asst admin" with the username and the need for an email update, new password, or other assistance. It would take a few business days but the admins would get back to the user having problems and things have worked out. Perhaps this is an option for you to take - PM a moderator or the admins directly.

There are literally millions of passwords being reset, many thousands of users having problems, and only a comparitively small number of admins so it may take them a while to address your problem. All I can recommend is trying this approach and having patience. I would help out if this were the forum where I am a mod but I have no authority here on the Victory Forums.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
I am a moderator on another forum owned by Verticalscope/Motorcycles.com and a few users on that forum are also having difficulty with the password reset. When I was alerted by these users having problems, I would post in a moderator/admin hidden forum or PM the admins at "Asst admin" with the username and the need for an email update, new password, or other assistance. It would take a few business days but the admins would get back to the user having problems and things have worked out. Perhaps this is an option for you to take - PM a moderator or the admins directly.

There are literally millions of passwords being reset, many thousands of users having problems, and only a comparitively small number of admins so it may take them a while to address your problem. All I can recommend is trying this approach and having patience. I would help out if this were the forum where I am a mod but I have no authority here on the Victory Forums.

G'day,

Vinish

You're exactly right the admin is aware and will get on it when time allows.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
There are literally millions of passwords being reset, many thousands of users having problems, and only a comparitively small number of admins so it may take them a while to address your problem.
Here is the key thing Vinish said. I'm sure those few admins would rather be telling jokes and eating donuts than dealing with this mess.

Freaking hackers really can screw up a wet dream eh!

·
Premium Member
6,014 Posts
This made me laugh Bbob, ha ha

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
483 Posts
So here I am... back again, with a slight modification.

And yes, my Vic is for sale still. I also have a Yamaha Road Star which I'll ride when the Vic is sold.

Just cutting back on the touring ... I'm too worn out after a trip these days and that spells NOT FUN anymore.

Not sure I understand the thread title tie-in to the text ?

Why are you so tired after a trip ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure I understand the thread title tie-in to the text ?
Addicted to the forum.

Why are you so tired after a trip ?
Well, at age 69 and having ridden for almost 50 years, driving longer distance on a motorcycle is just wearing me out. After a couple hours twisting the throttle, my hand starts getting sore. Dealing with traffic is really getting annoying. It's just not enjoyable any more like it used to be. I'm favoring a more relaxing pastime, something that doesn't take constant concentration such as floating on the lake in my kayak, fishing rod in one hand and a book in the other.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Addicted to the forum.

Well, at age 69 and having ridden for almost 50 years, driving longer distance on a motorcycle is just wearing me out. After a couple hours twisting the throttle, my hand starts getting sore. Dealing with traffic is really getting annoying. It's just not enjoyable any more like it used to be. I'm favoring a more relaxing pastime, something that doesn't take constant concentration such as floating on the lake in my kayak, fishing rod in one hand and a book in the other.

Got'ya...I just turned 67 and can relate to the last...just not ready to give in.........yet!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got'ya...I just turned 67 and can relate to the last...just not ready to give in.........yet!
I'm not totally giving in ... just not doing longer trips anymore. We have an '05 Road Star that we'll use for shorter rides now and then. So far this year I've probably ridden less than half as much as I normally ride. We're attending a rally that's appx 8 - 10 hour ride (rest stops included) July 7th and I'm trailering the bike there coz I just don't want to ride that distance anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Most people seem that they wanna get a nice house in a nice town, I'm trying my best to be able to save up money so I can disappear out west, lowest population per square mile is what I am looking for, so far Montana is winning out with Idaho a close second.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Most people seem that they wanna get a nice house in a nice town, I'm trying my best to be able to save up money so I can disappear out west, lowest population per square mile is what I am looking for, so far Montana is winning out with Idaho a close second.
You can't disappear mate...we need you for realistic priced Victory parts!

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
My son lives in Montana, absolutely beautiful and yes miles on top of miles of open land.

·
Registered
483 Posts

Don't know your age, and not being nosy .....But !

I had the same thought some time back, when I first retired. I'm retired 16 years now.....still here....and age & arthritis have decided I'll stay.

My point ??.........Don't drag your feet !!! Do it while ya have some youth , energy, best health..........I don't mean to sound so bossy :grin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alaska is West ... albeit as far north as ya can go too LOL

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Alaska is West ... albeit as far north as ya can go too LOL
Pretty short riding season in Alaska but probably not all that much different than Montana.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
I hit the lottery, or come in some decent money somehow, I am GONE, DONE, GOODBYE, I'm 31 now and need to make a choice here soon, I cant, don't wanna be stuck in Ohio selling parts for the rest of my life.

No 401K or retirement fund expect for what I put away myself, tried the stock market and bonds and that failed on me, Mom and grandparents did a bunch of savings bonds when I was younger and those are starting to mature, I have some other ways I am trying to put money aside for the future, just when I think I can finally set aside some cash, something comes up and I usually have to take half or if not more then what I had to fix the problem, Like right now, somewhere my garage has water damage, even with doing the work my self its gonna take a chunk away from my savings.

Time to start finding gold in computers again and melting it down.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts