Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got gunner fri...road 60 miles sat..loved it....sun dead..no power with key turn...all switches are in proper position, all connections good, no fuses blown,bike in neutral, kickstand down/up, ,battery dosent seem to be affected by charging(may be dead)...going back to dealer ..hope its something simple....because i love this bike..

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Don't panic , please post results found , good luck

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes checked kill switch..even though never used it once..and no fuel pump noise..i hope its something simple....
i will post results....i have a great dealer they will come and pick it up..

thanks again

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what i went for...all fuses are good in box..and battery fuse is good also...I wonder if i just have a bad cell....worked perfect the day before though...huh

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if battery is bad...do you guys know of a better aftermarket battery or stick with whatever victory uses?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Have the battery load tested. It may have a dead short or cell.

I had a similar issue. Bought mine at Christmas; bike ran fine. Took it out of storage and not enough power to activate fuel pump or run electronic even though the battery read a full charge.

Hope it is something simple like this.

Mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes thats what i noticed..needle on gauge is up in full range...but green led on charger to indicate full charge will not come on......crazy

·
Registered
139 Posts
yes thats what i noticed..needle on gauge is up in full range...but green led on charger to indicate full charge will not come on......crazy
Does your charger have a booster start option to it? If it does boost start the bike and then check your voltmeter. Mine was reading 18+ while the bike was running which meant the charger sensed the problem with the battery (thinking it is dead) and is trying to get it charged.

When I shut it off the voltmeter would drop back to 12, and slowly start to drop off the scale.

If this happens to you you can save yourself some aggravation and just bring in the battery.

They'll test it, get confirmation, and should swap you a new battery.

Mike

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
You didn't say if you bought new. If you did, its the dealer's problem. When you check the batter terminals for tightness and you find they were loose, place star type lock washers under the bolts to keep them from loosening again, cuz they will.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks i appreciate all the input...really love the bike....and yes its new..only had it 3 days..60 miles on it..and terminals are tight checked them (dealer even put on a plug to trickle charge for me)...
anyways ill keep you updated.
thanks again
Mark

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Yep. Sounds like a bad battery. Dealer should replace it free for you.
Sounds like you've checked everything, I bought a new Honda a few years ago, and the battery craped out after the second week, the dealer took care of it.:)

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
yep .great dealer...they are charging a new one tonight and i will swap my bad battery for it tomorrow....
Well, that was easy. All is well that ends well. Now you can go out and really enjoy that nice bike. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok got new battery from dealer and bike fired right up...however when putting the seat bolt back on I accidentally filed through the battery tender and got a couple of good sparks...(hence tender trashed)..anyways bike rides and fires right up, what are the chances I caused damage to a new battery with this accident?
Hopefully the battery can handle that short mishap,,ill get another tender later..
bike sure does ride nice though
thanks guys for all the help

1 - 20 of 23 Posts