Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace the Cobra 2-1 on my Gunner. I'm looking for pics and reviews on your exhausts. I'm interested in Black exhausts and I'm also wondering- will I have to re-tune the bike since I have a stage 1 tune already if I move to another stage 1 type exhaust?

I'm also looking to shed a few pounds off that right side and get rid of this boat anchor.

PICS PLEASE!!!

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
timely!
I just today took off my Freedom Performance Slash pipes and fitted RPW Slash pipes.
They look pretty much the same but performance even though not lacking with the FPs should be better with the RPW
They have a nicer cleaner curve to em too.

Just imagine they're black!
Oh and imagine my Vegas is a Gunner...
Same bike really.. just cosmetically different.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the new ones... Where and how much? Did you have to re-tune the bike?

I saw these on CycleopsUSA.com in Black...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
I like the new ones... Where and how much? Did you have to re-tune the bike?

I saw these on CycleopsUSA.com in Black...
I'm in Australia so RPW recommended I go through Victory Only to purchase them as they have a better shipping deal.
You're USA I presume so just hop on the RPW website.
Around 800 American dollars translated to $1300 here but hey they're the best flowing pipes I could get to complement my mods.
Yes my PCV will be retuned ASAP to make sure I'm not too lean

No doubt there's cheaper pipes out there, if you don't plan on any more mods and just want a better note then you may get away without a tune but I wouldn't recommend it if you love your bike and want it running at its optimum.
You're fortunate where you live that used pipes are available so if you're on a budget and particular with Gunner you can wrap a set of well used pipes and theylookgood again!
A set of scratched up chrome pipes can be wrapped or hit with VHT black header paint, for a great look on a your Gunner too.
If you were close for example I could sell you my B-grade Chrome Freedom Slash and you'd get em looking good again
With exhaust wrap,... I'm not into it myself for my Vegas is the first "flash" bike I've ever owned so Im overthe moonabout my new pipes.

Just got nabbed testing em out through a tunnel near my place. Didn't see Highway Patrol hiding in the dark just off the road facing towards me.
Saw their lights go on followed me for a mile then pulled me over, reckoned I was 15kph over in the tunnel.
Anyway after checking my record he said, been behaving yourself lately I see, bit of a wild boy when you were younger.... Well yes I guess I was I said, all alcohol related. Don't drink any more so don't get into trouble.
Ok he said I'm gonna let you off with a warning this time!
Cool,
Let us know how you go with the pipes there's lotsa styles that suit the Gunner and there's been good discounts on the Assault pipe here lately, good if you're solo rider as they interfere with the rear pegs.
Look real good through..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Conquest Customs Ground Pounders look awesome and sound amazing.

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
I'm in Australia so RPW recommended I go through Victory Only to purchase them as they have a better shipping deal.
You're USA I presume so just hop on the RPW website.
Around 800 American dollars translated to $1300 here but hey they're the best flowing pipes I could get to complement my mods.
Yes my PCV will be retuned ASAP to make sure I'm not too lean

No doubt there's cheaper pipes out there, if you don't plan on any more mods and just want a better note then you may get away without a tune but I wouldn't recommend it if you love your bike and want it running at its optimum.
You're fortunate where you live that used pipes are available so if you're on a budget and particular with Gunner you can wrap a set of well used pipes and theylookgood again!
A set of scratched up chrome pipes can be wrapped or hit with VHT black header paint, for a great look on a your Gunner too.
If you were close for example I could sell you my B-grade Chrome Freedom Slash and you'd get em looking good again
With exhaust wrap,... I'm not into it myself for my Vegas is the first "flash" bike I've ever owned so Im overthe moonabout my new pipes.

Just got nabbed testing em out through a tunnel near my place. Didn't see Highway Patrol hiding in the dark just off the road facing towards me.
Saw their lights go on followed me for a mile then pulled me over, reckoned I was 15kph over in the tunnel.
Anyway after checking my record he said, been behaving yourself lately I see, bit of a wild boy when you were younger.... Well yes I guess I was I said, all alcohol related. Don't drink any more so don't get into trouble.
Ok he said I'm gonna let you off with a warning this time!
Cool,
Let us know how you go with the pipes there's lotsa styles that suit the Gunner and there's been good discounts on the Assault pipe here lately, good if you're solo rider as they interfere with the rear pegs.
Look real good through..
Glad you got off the hook!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Conquest Customs Ground Pounders look awesome and sound amazing.
Are they wrapped? Do they come that way? How do you clean that stuff and how loud are they? I live in Taxachusetts and they're pretty tough here on noise.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Are they wrapped? Do they come that way? How do you clean that stuff and how loud are they? I live in Taxachusetts and they're pretty tough here on noise.

Yeah they come wrapped. I chose the black titanium wrap so it doesn't hurt it to get wet. I also sprayed the with black DEI silicone spray to help. They are pretty loud. They smooth out at highway speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is the Trask 2 into 1 "Hotrod" exhaust on my Gunner. You could wrap the headers and have the little heat shield hide the clamps I think. You are going to want a fuel tuner of some type no matter what system you go with.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
the RPW thor is a good performer! many short drag style pipes make noise not power. i like stainless + twobros has a nice light 2-1 that prolly performs well

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I started an insurance claim.

Actually got scared at first- I told them that Cobra no longer makes the pipes and was told that if there's no replacement they'd total out the bike due to part being unavailable! I told them I'd take the cost of the pipes and change them out.

BUT- be aware- if you wreck your bike and cannot get the replacement parts... your insurance may consider the bike a total loss.

Now, I have $0 deductible, so ASSUMING they give me the $1100 it was for that damn Cobra 2-1 exhaust, I'm looking at one of two systems-

Bassani turnouts or
RPW strikers

Either would be in black. I was told that since I've got a stage 1 tune, I don't need to remap the bike when I replace the exhaust. I think the Bassani is about $200 less than the RPW, but the Strikers look better IMO.

Which would you choose?

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bike's done- got the Bassani Turnouts- WOW. They sound AWESOME!!!
Looks good too.

VERY happy- can't wait to be able to ride now (Gout in left foot).... sucks.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
glad your pleased, it looks good but prolly loud for a older guy like me. besides the script cherry extract will cure it, gotta use a quality brand like enzymatic therapy. if your prone to gout due to your food + drink choices daily use may help, but dosages for acute-aka you got it are higher. a search should provide lots of info

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
I started an insurance claim.

Actually got scared at first- I told them that Cobra no longer makes the pipes and was told that if there's no replacement they'd total out the bike due to part being unavailable! I told them I'd take the cost of the pipes and change them out.

BUT- be aware- if you wreck your bike and cannot get the replacement parts... your insurance may consider the bike a total loss.

Now, I have $0 deductible, so ASSUMING they give me the $1100 it was for that damn Cobra 2-1 exhaust, I'm looking at one of two systems-

Bassani turnouts or
RPW strikers

Either would be in black. I was told that since I've got a stage 1 tune, I don't need to remap the bike when I replace the exhaust. I think the Bassani is about $200 less than the RPW, but the Strikers look better IMO.

Which would you choose?
I'd choose RPW, bit I'm biased, got RPW Slash on my Vegas.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
I wanted the cash back.
Fair enough, RPW a bit dearer hey
Plus if I was to be critical about my RPW slash the rear cylinder pipe comes our close to my leg and has cooked the lower right leg of my leather jeans, and the pipe mark badly from contact with same. Had to buy oven cleaner to get the crap off plus ruined the leg of my leathers.
At lights gotta consciously keep my right leg away from it and at the drags its a pain cos straddling the bike and walking it up to the start to keep the engine cool is impossible without leg contact.
They sound and look fantastic but!
My local tuner says a big 2-1 would've got me 10 HP more on my combo though, which goes against the recommendations I got from Lloyd and Kevin.
Anyway I prefer the look of Slash Duals but hey ten horses is ten horses!
Little Honda 90cc I'm buzzing around on for next two weeks till my regulator arrives only has 4.5 hp and stuff all torque! Still gets me around and it's fun tryna keep it ahead if the traffic!
Did my regular mountain course in 19 mins
Vegas does it in 13 mins
Gpz900r in 12mins
Canam Spyder in 11 mins
Interesting hey?
Honda C90 has stock exhaust and stock engine with 38 years and 34,000 kms on it.

My Vegas is gonna feel so good to get back on
Almost looking forward to burning my right leg!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts