Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all Victory riders from new family member from Poland!

42 y.o., fell in love again last December... with suede black/white, spoked rims, white walls tires High Ball...
Trying to found one around here, taken two test rides in the meantime, I got assured Vic is what I need and what I really like.
Long story short, here I am today on my (almost) new, low mileage real badass... Gunner!! All stock, except stage 1 x-bow exhaust.
I'm really happy about my choice, and, besides, they both look alike - except of color and ape hangers, which i do not like so much (yet:wink)
Took him for first ride today from the dealer shop to my home, I got a banana face enjoying tons of torque, doing whatever I like on 2nd gear while in the city. Then I hit the highway for the while to feel the wind, before taking the winding road to my place. I'm in heaven again!
I love the sound of the x-bows, I love the riding position, I love the way he take the turns, I love almost everything - what I do not I'm going to change soon - just minor mods to have my Gunner looking exactly the way I like.

Warm greetings to everyone over there. Enjoy your rides and safe returns always!

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Welcome Vivi!

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Welcome Vivi from an Oregon Polska. What a nice bike you chose for riding over to Gizycko and the Lakes District. I love Gdansk - such a beautiful city,

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome from Texas. Very good to hear of you enjoying that ride. You have some nice places to ride, I take it? Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Welcome from Batam Island, you have some beautiful roads in Poland, you are lucky, enjoy the read and we are all here to help.

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
85 Posts
You chose a great machine! Welcome from Tennessee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Another welcome from Tennessee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
Welcome Vivi! You will love that bike! You going to post some pictures soon?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Jak sie masz vivi? Milego dnia. Say hi to any Foltynski you come across while riding, it could be my family.

Fort Worth, TX | 2010 Victory Cross Roads

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Welcome Vivi from an Oregon Polska. What a nice bike you chose for riding over to Gizycko and the Lakes District. I love Gdansk - such a beautiful city,
Welcome from Texas. Very good to hear of you enjoying that ride. You have some nice places to ride, I take it? Enjoy!
Thanks. Surely it's gonna be nice summertime ride from Gdansk to Lakes District (Masuria). Though around Gdansk (called Kashubia or Pomeranian Lakes area) there are so many beatutiful roads nicely winding amongst post glacial lakes and hills, see:
http://urszula.tp1.pl/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/kaszuby-z-lotu-ptaka-03.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
@Vivi Welcome to the site. Congratulations on getting your Gunner. Great choice! That bike should serve you well for years to come. Do post some pictures when you get a chance. ENJOY!

Reactions: CPT PYRO

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Some of my favorite sights around Poland....
1. A centuries old castle turned into a hotel in Gizycko.
2. The world's only manually rotated bridge, also in Gizycko.
3. The hotel in #1 at night.
4. About half the bikes that showed up near the square in Krakow.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome from Batam Island, you have some beautiful roads in Poland, you are lucky, enjoy the read and we are all here to help.

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Thanks! Yes, indeed, we have many around - see my post above. I love eating the corners with my KTM Duke! I'm sure the narrow-tires Gunner will do nicely over there as well.
There are also some brand new highways for summertime cruising, and some more under construction stiil.
The main disadvantage over there is the weather. Unlike in your place where you have the cycling weather all the year around. We got a couple of sunny days already beg of April (up to 20 degC ), but today dropped down to 5C only agin with lots of wind and rain or even sleet, unfortunately.

BTW, I've read some of your posts regarding clutch issues some folks experienced. Is it the bad riding technique in the jams (I know you have planty traffic over there) or the high temperatures, or any other reasons? How you see that?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jak sie masz vivi? Milego dnia. Say hi to any Foltynski you come across while riding, it could be my family.

Fort Worth, TX | 2010 Victory Cross Roads

Dziękuję! Shall I met anybody with the name I will let you know:smile
Very likely I will be around TX in July:wink

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Keep your clutch cable properly adjusted (some slack) and use proper shifting techniques and your clutch will live a long time. I preload the shifter for smoother and quieter shifts. That is, lift the shift lever, but not hard enough to push it into the next gear, and when you pull in the clutch, it will slide nicely into gear.
Keep the ends of the clutch cable clean and well lubed and that will help to prevent breakage. Do not lube the cable itself, that will hurt the coating.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts