Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Gunner and am looking to upgrade the headlight. I need to understand what the Gunner stock headlight currently consists of. There is a light in the center of the headlight bucket and a smaller light lower in the headlight bucket. When i turn on the lights both lights appear to come on. When I hit the hi beams the center light appears to be brighter. Just looking to understand the what the lights do and what I need to upgrade to HID of LED.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
http://www.victoryforums.com/35-victory-general-discussion/151394-after-market-led-lights.html#post1774746

http://www.victorygunner.org/forum/106-victory-gunner-general-discussion/1810-gunner-hid.html#/forumsite/21229/topics/1810?page=1

I hope either of these will help you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bulb in the middle of the head light bucket seems to be the hi/lo beam bulb and the smaller one in the lower part of the seems to be a road/marker light. I guess what I'm saying is I'm still not clear on the function of the tow bulbs in the headlight bucket of my Gunner.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
The center is hi/lo and the other is a running/marker... your assumption is correct sir. The center bulb can be changed out to an hid or led. Just be careful with led lights. The cheap ones are cheap for a reason. Both types will get hot. A good led bulb will have a cooling fan, which will probably be difficult to fit in the headlight bucket. Victoryhid.com has a light for your bike. They're made by victory guys for victory guys and they have a kit for your gunner. Customer service is great too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

I've read about VictoryHID.com and he seems like pretty stand-up guy. Still reviewing my options, Long winter here in Ontario, so I have some time to research.

What is the road/marker light designed to do?

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
That I am not sure of. I could guess that it is required to have a running light, in case your hi/lo bulb burned out. At least traffic could see you. That's a wild guess on my part

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Victory HID. Throws excellent light.
Gives high daytime visibility to blind car drivers.
And looks like a headlight and not. an R2D2 throwback

·
Registered
71 Posts
The small bulb at the bottom of the headlight housing is a park lamp, cycle your key to the park position and it will light up along with your tail lamp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts