Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm looking for a black luggage rack for a 2017 Gunner. Anyone have any leads?

Thanks

·
Registered
780 Posts
get the part number (suggest both chrome & black #'s) and google, and/or enter it as search criteria on ebay, amazon, cheap cycle parts, parts pit stop

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are the 2016 and 2017 the same bikes? I found one on ebay but it says it's for a 2016 and will not fit a 2017.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welp- I was hoping that I could validate the part #'s within the menus that bring you to those exploded views- but nope.

Is there still any downloadable accessory catalogs on victory's site? You could also try a parts dept at a former victory store- they may have something to compare the 2 years.

Personally- I seriously doubt there was any difference between the 16 & 17. other than color.

If you got that info from victory's website- It is likely not credible. That site had all kinds of basic fitment errors. (example- the various designer shift lever toe pegs (among other things) all showed "fits" for steel frames- when in fact they only work on X bikes. I also got the same "fits your Judge" when I clicked on the bullet shaped LED headlight.. :grin.

I wonder if they even bothered to load any 2017 info onto the lookup tables that the site used.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for trying I got the info from the seller on eBay he States it wont fit 2017

·
Registered
59 Posts
Calvary Custom Backrests
https://www.ebay.com/
https://www.motogateway.com/collections/victory-motorcycle-sissy-bar-backrest-kits
Victory Motorcycle Custom Accessories for aftermarket parts performance
WitchDoctors.com - Victory Motorcycle Parts Supplier

There seems to be a lot of confusion about fitment with Victorys. It may be that everyone is just walking away and forgetting about what fits what. Additionally, with the addition of hundreds of Asian retailers product is represented as though everything fits everything. It try to get email confirmation that the part looks like the pics and will fit, or the name of the person I am talking to.

I am running the motogateway setup as I liked the way the sissy bar did NOT hang off the back of the fender strut.

All of this stuff bolts on in seconds with common household tools. Youbetcha.

Good luck with your project.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
SportyDoug:

I like the look of those saddle bags. They look like Viking. Were then easy to mount? Were you able to include the mounting hardware that came with the saddle bags or did you make you brackets/hardware

·
Registered
59 Posts
They are Viking Bags. When I bought them Viking had a bracket setup somewhat designed for the steel frame Victorys. Last time I looked on their site the bracket assembly was not available.

As with all the aftermarket bag/bracket setups I have encountered, other hardware is required. The factory fastener package was a waste. I used bolts and nuts to create a stud system so the bags slide onto a stud and then are nutted secure, for easy bag removal. I also employed some 1/8" steel plates, siliconed inside the bag and held in place with the bottom stud nuts, so I could load the bags as I wanted w/o worrying about the eventual collapse of the fiberglass sidewall.

The plastic Viking emblem that acted as a stop for the bag top broke early on, as it was cast with an air pocket close to the stud used to attach it to the bags. NO warranty, but $16.00 + shipping for a new emblem.

The first and only time I used some conditioner on the faux leather it started to, lift in spots, from the bags.

Depending on the model Victory the top of the bags will be close to the same height as the passenger seat, which calls for careful luggage stacking so the faux leather does not get worn through, and/or a taller than stock passenger seat.

Hope that helps.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for all the detailed info. It will be helpful. I purchased some Viking Saddle bags (similar to the ones you have) as a kinda backup. I currently have Victory hard saddlebags for my Gunner. They are little small and are showing some wear ( 4 years old). I got a really good deal on the Vikings. I shipped them to my parents in Florida and they will bring them home duty free shortly (I'm in Canada). This makes returns somewhat difficult. I figured I'd have to cobble up some mounting scheme. Luckily a friend of mine is an skilled fabricator and has assisted me in the passed. He built a heal shifted for me and a couple of other items. A little disappointed by the quality of your saddlebags as I was hopping for better quality.

I'll let you know how my experience is.

Once again thanks for the info.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Happy to help. Good luck with the project. When you get closer let me know if you would like some pics of what I did.

Yes the Viking bags could have been much better. However I compared them to US Saddlebag whose offering was going for about $1K. I just went back to their site and they are having a 25% off sale. Oh well. the Viking bags are working for now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts