Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a Gunner soon and went to the dealer to check them out. The one I sat on felt great but when I pressed on the rear brake pedal it had no play, wouldn't move. Is this normal?? Maybe it needs an adjustment??
It's the only thing stopping my from buying at the moment. Oh also, is there a fuel gauge or just a dummy light when low on fuel?

Thanks, Alan

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a Gunner soon and went to the dealer to check them out. The one I sat on felt great but when I pressed on the rear brake pedal it had no play, wouldn't move. Is this normal?? Maybe it needs an adjustment??
It's the only thing stopping my from buying at the moment. Oh also, is there a fuel gauge or just a dummy light when low on fuel?

Thanks, Alan
Not normal. ..you didnt bring this to the salespersons attention?
Just a low fuel light, thats it , gauges arent accurate anyway really.
All my motorcycling life Ive used the trip meter in the speedo to gauge how long I got left before I refill, its the best gauge .
On my Vegas I know from experience that when the light starts to glow and flicker that Im 4 litres from empty or a gallon in your world presuming yr US based
Once its on solid but can be extinguished with sudden accelleration theres around 3 litres left and when I cant put the light out Im close to the last 2 litres.
Best not to run completely out as the fuel cools the pump, ...you wont explode but can damage the pump if you run out a lot.
By using my trip meter as a gauge I can also divide my litres on fillup into my distance covered and in my case DownUnder I generally get 16 -18kpl
So when I cant make the light go out Ive got
32-36 kilometers to find fuel or Im pushing.
Learn to use your trip meter.
My car has a very innacurate fuel gauge but I know I get 800 kms to a tank...too easy.
Hope thats been some help.
Take that Gunner for a ride...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I did mention it to the sales guy and his words were "Hmmmm". He didn't seem to know a lot about the bike. He was a young guy, not that it matters. lol

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Rear brake reservoir might be filled too full. Remove the cap to check or look at the side of the translucent reservoir. Raise the bike and spin the rear wheel to check for drag - no drag, it should be OK.
As MBX sez...yer ODO is your best fuel gauge, really.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Thanks! I did mention it to the sales guy and his words were "Hmmmm". He didn't seem to know a lot about the bike. He was a young guy, not that it matters. lol
Just looked at my Vegas which is basically a shiny Gunner, and the brake pedal has a clevis pin and adjustable pushrod as well as a return spring.
That Gunner mightve been finished on a Friday arvo and the assemblers were in a hurry to get into some beers.
Bit sad the dealers didnt notice on pre delivery checks....best you check tyre inflation too.
Hit em up for free first service and any other freebies you can get, they should be desperate to move that bike.
And don't get sucked into thier stage one performance pipes etc....get all yr goodies aftermarket and screw em on the price.
They're a great bike!

·
Premium Member
13,726 Posts
Sales people rarely know much and sometimes the service people don't know much more.

With these easy to work on bikes it's best to learn to do all the basic work yourself. That way you also get to know your machine up close and personal.

The Gunner is a nice looking model. I think you'll like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts