Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in an online review of the Gunner that the site's testers found the red solo seat uncomfortable because of a thicker seam that is right under the rider's rump, which is not an issue on the stock seat.

I really like the look of the red seat. Can anyone share an opinion if you either have the red seat, or have had the opportunity to test it out? Thank you…

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well its the same seat design as the Vegas and I will tell you this, the stock seat on my 2013 Vegas was the most uncomfortable ride I've ever had on a bike. The back part is designed so poorly for a human's tailbone. I'm not sure what they were thinking. If the seam is bigger then yes I can see this being even more uncomfortable. I recently went with a corbin seat and I love it so far. One thing I've realized with most motorcycle mfrs it seems they design the seat so they feel super comfy while sitting on it in a dealer ship or taking a 20 min test ride, but after 2 hours that seat is no long supportive and sucks. I do like the color of the red solo seat but the design is still bad IMO.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you zombie, that's good info. I wonder if Corbin has a seat that'll work on the Gunner, if it's the same seat fitment as the Vegas. Time to research! thumb up

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I swapped my black Gunner seat for a Mustang solo seat (Vegas model). It is way more comfortable and doesn't dig into my tail bone like the factory seat.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thank you zombie, that's good info. I wonder if Corbin has a seat that'll work on the Gunner, if it's the same seat fitment as the Vegas. Time to research! thumb up
Yes same fitment. I will be doing a write up on my Corbin soon. Corbin seats are very firm at first but each time i ride with it..it become more and more comfortable

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes same fitment. I will be doing a write up on my Corbin soon. Corbin seats are very firm at first but each time i ride with it..it become more and more comfortable
I'm between Corbin and Mustang, the difference seems to be that Corbins are stiffer, leather (not vinyl) and more expensive.

But lurking around on other forums, Mustang's have quite a vocal following of supporters who love them.

Unrelated, but it's my thread so I'm hijacking it :p, Zombie did you notice any performance difference before and after your Bassani exhaust? I'm looking to do the same mod to a Gunner.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I ordered a Corbin for my Gunner and they wouldn't sell it to me. They said the Gunner was a different model and they couldn't guarantee their seat would fit the Gunner. I pointed out the stock seat on aVega and Gunner were the same and they still balked. I bought a "Vegas" seat from Drag Specialities and it fits fine. Seat did well on the initial ride, and the seat was about half of what Corbin wanted.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered a Corbin for my Gunner and they wouldn't sell it to me. They said the Gunner was a different model and they couldn't guarantee their seat would fit the Gunner. I pointed out the stock seat on aVega and Gunner were the same and they still balked. I bought a "Vegas" seat from Drag Specialities and it fits fine. Seat did well on the initial ride, and the seat was about half of what Corbin wanted.
That's good to know! I thought this was a done deal for me, because Corbin lists the gunner right on their site

http://www.corbin.com/polaris_victory/

I'll call them later today and try and get clarification, and share your story if you don't mind.

I did send Corbin an unrelated email a few days ago and they didn't bother replying, so maybe I'll do better by phone. What I gleaned from the "Corbin vs Mustang" posts online is that Corbin has better seats, mustang has better customer service. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
What I learned from the "Corbin vs Mustang" posts online is that Corbin has better seats, mustang has better customer service. :rolleyes:
That's how company mergers happen....;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
That's good to know! I thought this was a done deal for me, because Corbin lists the gunner right on their site

I'll call them later today and try and get clarification, and share your story if you don't mind.

I did send Corbin an unrelated email a few days ago and they didn't bother replying, so maybe I'll do better by phone. What I gleaned from the "Corbin vs Mustang" posts online is that Corbin has better seats, mustang has better customer service. :rolleyes:
They must have just added the Gunner to their site, it wasn't there when I tried to order the seat. If it's on there now I guess it won't be an issue. I will say I like the Drag Specialties seat so far, and the price was right.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They must have just added the Gunner to their site, it wasn't there when I tried to order the seat. If it's on there now I guess it won't be an issue. I will say I like the a Drag Specialties seat so far, and the price was right.
The drag specialties site appeared like the only seats available had a pillion area on them. I want the rear rack on the gunner, so I'm looking at the basic rider seat "area" only.

Would your seat also accommodate the rear rack, or does it go up and over the rear bumper a bit?

Thank you.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The drag specialties site appeared like the only seats available had a pillion area on them. I want the rear rack on the gunner, so I'm looking at the basic rider seat "area" only.

Would your seat also accommodate the rear rack, or does it go up and over the rear bumper a bit?

Thank you.
I bought the Drag Specialties smooth solo seat - I also am thinking about a rear rack/backrest. I think this seat will work with that setup.

https://www.denniskirk.com/drag-specialties/black-smooth-low-profile-solo-seat.p459479.prd/459479.sku

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm between Corbin and Mustang, the difference seems to be that Corbins are stiffer, leather (not vinyl) and more expensive.

But lurking around on other forums, Mustang's have quite a vocal following of supporters who love them.

Unrelated, but it's my thread so I'm hijacking it :p, Zombie did you notice any performance difference before and after your Bassani exhaust? I'm looking to do the same mod to a Gunner.
I decided against mustang because i want a firm seated ride, the mustang pushed me forward too much. I wasn't a fan. In regards to the exhaust, when i did the pipes only I honestly didn't notice a difference in performance, just more popping and backfire. I recommend doing exhaust with a tuner just so it can be tuned right for the more open exhaust. open up that air intake though and it really blows your mind.

·
Registered
246 Posts

I have the Hollywood solo with the back rest and its amazing. When going 60+mph without a windshield or fairing, something to lean back on changes everything, i recently added highway bars its like a lazy boy now. One thing though they are stiff but over time they break in and mold to your shape.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts