Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here are some dumb questions from a Highball owner. I have looked and emailed some tire companies and still have not received an answer.

Do the OEM tires on the Gunner require tubes?

If not, do you know if a tube type tire can be installed on the wheels?

I would like to keep the tires I have currently.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
White walls

Buy new white wall tires. Yes they do make them in tubeless type tires.:eek

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy new white wall tires. Yes they do make them in tubeless type tires.:eek
Yeah, thanks.

Point is, I'm trying to be cheap so I can get back riding right away. My ME880's are damn near new. My rear wheel is broken, and will cost me more than the set of Gunner wheels I found to replace. If I have to buy new tires too, my riding season will be over.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks VJ! Cost and shipping is too prohibitive. There's a guy closer to me that has Gunner wheels for a reasonable price.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
So here are some dumb questions from a Highball owner. I have looked and emailed some tire companies and still have not received an answer.

Do the OEM tires on the Gunner require tubes?

If not, do you know if a tube type tire can be installed on the wheels?

I would like to keep the tires I have currently.

I believe your tires can be run with out tubes...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Travis. I did some more research and shouldn't have any issue transplanting the current tires I got to the gunner wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
The Gunner wheels look cool anyways! I love spokes but the are high maintenance... I had two broken ones after the first season on your bike. My buddy in Red Deer had a wrecked Highball and hooked me up. I phoned him already to see if he still had the wheels... Sold them on eBay last year though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tapped some of my resources too and came up empty. Gonna be driving to Edmonton on Monday to pick up my gunner wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts