Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
just watched the video , i like the comment about all the chrome, i rode a breakout and feel the same way.

·
Premium Member
12,976 Posts
This matchup just doesn't make sense, should of used the fat tire Vic=Hammer.
The Jackpot would actually be closer but I do see your point. Didn't Vic stop making the JP's though?

Looks wise I have to give it to the Breakout. I think HD did a very nice job on these. Handling and power goes to the Gunner for sure though.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
The Jackpot would actually be closer but I do see your point. Didn't Vic stop making the JP's though?

Looks wise I have to give it to the Breakout. I think HD did a very nice job on these. Handling and power goes to the Gunner for sure though.
The breakout is a cute little bike...

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/12/02/harley-davidson-breakout-vs-victory-jackpot-vs-yamaha-star-raider-comparison-review-specs-photos/

Articles like this are why I let my subscription lapse...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Mpg

Check out the MPG on the Yamaha Star? 32mpg now that sucks. I would not buy that bike just for that reason, even if I liked the looks. Never cared for the way Yamaha like to tilt the fuel tanks way up, reminds me of the old Yamaha Viragos for a few years. I know that is all my opinion, there are plenty of people out there that dig the look and really dug the looks of the Viragos, to each there own. Still 32 mpg sucks for a bike, especially a stock engine.

·
Registered
632 Posts
.. Yea, I'm thinking of selling my Bentley because the gas mileage sucks.. I should have gotten the Maserati instead.... :crzy::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
“The transmission in all Victory motorcycles has, for years, been lambasted by the motorcycle press for its overtly noisy, clanky operation, and Victory has failed to address the issue”

Nail... head... BANG!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
They should have compared it to the HD Slim or the Dyna with the dual head light bike.

i do like the the Slim though. Only Harley I would buy right now. The Slim oozes badass old school imo but the Gunner is a better value and still a cool bike too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Harleys fit and finish is a bit better... well ya... anyone who has seen the quality paint jobs harley puts out would realize that... that hard candy silver flake paint job is spectacular to se ein the show room.... but the price differential.... wow.... you could go out and get a bad ass custom paint job for that much difference in cost ($5,600).

I do like the wires being ran in the bars though.. that makes it look nice and clean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts