Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After fueling up and locking the cap I hear gurgling sounds and fuel bubbling from around the cap. This is happening when the engine is off. It’s annoying because fuel is getting on the paint but is worries me that something is wrong. Any thoughts? Thanks

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
Are you leaving some air space when you fill? If you are filing to the top, the cold gas is being heated by the hot engine under the tank and is expanding.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Yeah sounds like overfilled and it's coming out the vent as RICZ said.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the kickstand down and the handlebars straight I fill the tank until the fuel just touches the underside of the bottom of the filler opening (left side only since the bike is leaning left). I thought since there is still an air gap on the right side after filling there would be enough air space for expansion. But maybe not! After riding for a few miles and allowing the fuel level to go down, it no longer a bubble out and there was no gurgling.
Thanks for the advice! I guess I’ll have to play around and see at what level I can fill the tank and not have this happen again.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I have always filled mine to where it is about to overflow and never had a venting problem out of mine.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I think depends if you are riding afterward or letting it sit. I tend to top off high level before a trip and during but not if I'm near a stopping point.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw that drain hole next to the filler opening. I need to find a wire that I can stick down inside of there to see if it’s clogged. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts