Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a white xc a few weeks ago and loving it, I put on a +3 Gustafson flip today and it was amazing how well it managed the buffeting. Being 6.3 the stock was way to short. Now the wind just touches the top of my head a little. Just wanted to share, see ya on the road.cheers

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
I'm 6'3" and I got the +4 - works great!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like to look over it so the 3 works great, and i llike getting a little wind hitting me. I'll get some pictures today

·
Registered
573 Posts
The nice thing about Gustafston shiedls is you you get to drill your own holes to fasten it. Of course this means you can NEVER return it since you have drilled holes it it. :confused::confused:

I had a terrible experience, sent back an undrilled, never used shield, and still no refund (wasn't comfortable drilling holes in a shield). For me, these guys are crooks!

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Wasn't any big deal for me, removed the old shield, held up the new one, marked hole placement with magic marker, started holes on one side, finished drilling through on the other side - no problems....

·
Registered
573 Posts
Wasn't any big deal for me, removed the old shield, held up the new one, marked hole placement with magic marker, started holes on one side, finished drilling through on the other side - no problems....
As long as you don't want to return it that is great.

I like options.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drill in was easy with their bits, would be nice if they would tell you which size bite to order at the time so you dont have to order a set like i did.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have one of their shields also. I love it. Didn't use drill. Used a dremel and grinding stone. Very easy and no chance to crack it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
howdy

i am 5-11 (or used to be) and per a fella here (or perhaps the vtx site) put a 2 inch on after about the second week...too many bugs...and it is peachy....lots of +comments and it is a gas watching the critters flip over....i too was a it put off about the hole thing....but got over it pretty fast.....marked, checked twice...slow drill....don't know or care so much about the reported wind and buffeting issues as i wear a rag....in my view Gustxxx is a great product,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts