Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2015 SC im seriously beginning to contemplate gutting the exhaust until i have the cash for some genuine pipes. Question is, how many of you guys have done this? i tried looking it up on the *** but there wasnt much to go off of (since many of these posts are pretty old). I also want to know if i will lose a significant amount of power.

Other exhausts ive been looking at include Miller Mufflers, Big Gonzo's, V&H (my choice for later down the road).

Opinions? Facts?

:confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I did mine and love them. For being gutted I think they are fairly tame when cruising in 5th or 6th. It was a major PITA so I had a local guy refer me to a couple of exhaust places with plasma torches. Couldn't find anyone with a working plasma torch so I ended up going outside of the box and found a place near me that welds medical equipment. He gutted the exhaust and sanded down the edges for under $50.

That being said, I never felt a loss in power. Also, I am hopefully upgrading to a single side exhaust, like the Trask pipe, soon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
No issues at all except a tiny bit of carbon build up between the muffler and the tip. All black bike though, so not a major issue. I gutted the exhaust mainly because the bike was too quiet and at the time I was riding on the highway with tons of cars. I like how loud they are though but I can still tip toe around if need be.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I just installed Miller's exhaust on my Ness-Magnum. For the money best accessory I have ever added to my bike. Just put them on yesterday and it sounds good but not excessive! I have a Highball with the swept stage one. Now it is freaking loud!!!!! To the point if wearing a half helmet I wear CEP's (they are earplugs with speakers that Army pilots wear while flying). If I don't wear them my right ear feels like fluid is running out of it at higher RPM's.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I recently switched from Rollin' Fast's Centerfire to the Gonzo Garage Big Gonzo's and I couldn't be happier. The new Big Gonzo's have a deeper bass to them. So deep that when I tried to take a video of it, the mic in my camera couldn't pick it up, but it vibrated the camera like crazy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts