Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
My opinion
HD makes more money off merch than the bikes.
There are people who have 1 HD but a dozen HD shirts and apparel

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
They are fine.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
There is a lot of truth in the video. Where they will go I don't know but the people that I know that rode constantly. Well they got old and most stopped riding. We where the guys that were riding all the Hondas back in the 60' and 70's. Couldn't afford a HD until many years later.

·
Premium Member
13,614 Posts
It's a different culture for young people today vs many of us who grew up and continued to watch movies and tv shows highlighting Harley and other big road bikes. Even the so-called reality shows like that one with the dad and sons who always bickered while building a custom one-off bike for a customer glamorized motorcycles.

We don't see a lot of that these days like we did yesteryear. I get the feeling young people today have very different priorities like gaming or things I have no idea about (besides girls). A car is just something to get from point A to point B. It just needs to run right and be reliable. Motorcycles aren't even on the radar for most of them.

Thankfully many young people are exposed to the car and motorcycle culture by caring parents and grandparents so the beauty and culture will be preserved. Fads are funny things. They come and go but they always seem to return in some way or another. Many young people are struggling to make ends meet so there's not a lot of extra money to buy an existing motorcycle or build one which would be difficult with the lack of skills required or the support to learn.

Harley will survive even if half or more of their sales are boutique items.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts

·
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good one Nab back then we all laughed our ass's off. You can't take HD in soft sand and riding in the surf, not a good idea. Was an ok show back in the day guess us that watched it have some of him in our blood looking for new roads and bars

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
We have to remember back when all the TV shows and all the events were going including bike nights ..... that we were living the lifestyle. Where is that now ? Thus the bike sales came with it. When you take away all that in your face lifestyle the interest seems to drop especially for the young future riders.
So theres nothing out there suggesting they ride other than the extreme high price of new motorcycles today. True they’re are good deals on used bikes and plenty of garage queens but the economy says not a good move even for one of those great finds. So yep pretty much it’s a bad picture for Harley Davidson and Indian.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts