Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, not really a troll. Just starting to explore options on a potential purchase of a second scooter and landed here to do some research on the early 2000/01 92Cs as they seem really reasonably priced.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Looking at 99-00 you need to be sure they have had a trans upgrade. While the actual engine itself is great. The trans in the 99-00 WILL fail if not upgraded. Many are available with the upgrade at a reasonable price. If the upgrade has not been done. You can make a $3500 mistake.
For 01 the trans is vastly improved and failures are sxtremely rare.

The best sleeper deal on a Vic is the 02-03 C models. They have the classic look and the Freedom 92"/5. The freedom is better then 10% stronger in power, and MUCH more refined

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at 99-00 you need to be sure they have had a trans upgrade. While the actual engine itself is great. The trans in the 99-00 WILL fail if not upgraded. Many are available with the upgrade at a reasonable price. If the upgrade has not been done. You can make a $3500 mistake.
For 01 the trans is vastly improved and failures are sxtremely rare.

The best sleeper deal on a Vic is the 02-03 C models. They have the classic look and the Freedom 92"/5. The freedom is better then 10% stronger in power, and MUCH more refined
Hey, thanks for the info... I had already known about the 99 tranny issue, I didn't know it went into the 00's as well. I am no where ready to pull the trigger yet, but there is an 01 that has been sitting at a park here, sell her lot for over a month. Asking price has dropped from 3800 to 3400 but I don't know the miles or anything about it. Compared to a Dyna/Tail and even the big metrics, that looks like a heck of a good value. Not much of selection of used Vics around here but I'll keep my eyes peeled for an 02/03.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3400 for an 01 is a lot of bike for the buck. Clean book is like 5200
That's what I was thinking... I had already looked it up on kbb and trade-in was about $2950 with retail at $4900 for the base 92C. What is the difference in spec between the Deluxe and the SC?

Again I don't know any of the history on this bike either.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
That's what I was thinking... I had already looked it up on kbb and trade-in was about $2950 with retail at $4900 for the base 92C. What is the difference in spec between the Deluxe and the SC?

Again I don't know any of the history on this bike either.
SC has mid controls, 17" wheels, and a Fat Boy[ish] front fender. Vics early atempt at a muscle cruiser

Deluxe has bags, shield, lowers, pass back rest, and highway bar standard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts