Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2010, I recall seeing an HID headlight option for the Vic X bikes. I don't see that option available for their 2011 models, did Victory eliminate this option, or god forbid - make it a standard feature???

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
In 2010, I recall seeing an HID headlight option for the Vic X bikes. I don't see that option available for their 2011 models, did Victory eliminate this option, or god forbid - make it a standard feature???
You are correct when noting they have removed the HID headlight option from the victorymotorcycles.com website.

No, the 2011 models do not come with HID standard.

Who knows why they've removed that option? Maybe it caused problems and they decided to pull it off the shelves until they figure out how to fix the problems. Or maybe there wasn't enough demand for them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hmmmm.... It is in the 2011 parts book but your right about not finding it on the victory page.

Call your dealer and ask. I went with the aux running lights vs the HID... I cant stand them things on cars. I know they are great to drive behind but the are stupid bright to look into when driving.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the HID headlight installed on my 10 cr. I like the option. The only thing is, it is just the low beam and not the high beam. I haven't had any problems with it. Works great. I have an 11 accessories catalog and it shows it as an option on page 29 for $499.99.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the HID headlight installed on my 10 cr. I like the option. The only thing is, it is just the low beam and not the high beam. I haven't had any problems with it. Works great. I have an 11 accessories catalog and it shows it as an option on page 29 for $499.99.
Do you feel it was worth the extra $500?

·
Registered
7 Posts
To be realistic, it probably isn't, but there is big deer problem where I live and I wasn't happy with the other lighting options, so decided I would try the HID. To me I would spend what ever it took to see the deer. I was disappointed that the high beam wasn't HID also.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
To be realistic, it probably isn't, but there is big deer problem where I live and I wasn't happy with the other lighting options, so decided I would try the HID. To me I would spend what ever it took to see the deer. I was disappointed that the high beam wasn't HID also.
I always ride with the high beam on (except at night, but I hardly ever ride at night).

·
Registered
336 Posts
I always ride with the high beam on (except at night, but I hardly ever ride at night).
Speaking of highbeam, something I noticed was on my aux running lights. When I go to high beam they cut off. I can not use them with my highs.... I find this odd!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Speaking of highbeam, something I noticed was on my aux running lights. When I go to high beam they cut off. I can not use them with my highs.... I find this odd!
I can't tell you why (maybe power usage, maybe legal restrictions on how much light you can put out at once), but even cars do that. Flip your high beams on, and fog lights also go out on a car along with the low beam.

Btw, I believe a bypass relay would allow you to modify it such that auxiliary lights stay on.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I can't tell you why (maybe power usage, maybe legal restrictions on how much light you can put out at once), but even cars do that. Flip your high beams on, and fog lights also go out on a car along with the low beam.

Btw, I believe a bypass relay would allow you to modify it such that auxiliary lights stay on.

LOL.... I guess that is true. Never noticed it. I have offroad lights and after market fog lights on my F250 but my wife's truck does cut off. I guess it's not so odd... thanks for helping me notice the obvious cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts