Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I am NOT trying to stir the pot, but I was amused when I saw this:

HD is having a contest for H.O.G. members to help their friends "trade up" to a Harley. Personally I don't see a HD as a trade up from my Hammer and I know a lot of other people that would feel the same way!
~ahook~
2011 Hammer 8ball

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
If offered, just politely explain that in your case it would be a trade-down, so it does not apply to you. :crzy:

It's one of their gimmicks - put it in the customer's head that they're moving up to the all mighty HD.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I guess peer pressure to buy is better than the product selling itself.

My $.02

Wonder what the person who helps "trade up" gets out of the deal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
the modern harley davidson company is a amazing business when you think of it. You have a product no matter how good or bad it is the "flock" will continue to buy it, you could stamp HD on a peice of poop and they would buy it. its pretty cool (for harley)
i have lots of harley friends and they cant tell me why a harley is better, it just is. HUGE brand devotion, kinda like the church. lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
the modern harley davidson company is a amazing business when you think of it. You have a product no matter how good or bad it is the "flock" will continue to buy it, you could stamp HD on a peice of poop and they would buy it. its pretty cool (for harley)
i have lots of harley friends and they cant tell me why a harley is better, it just is. HUGE brand devotion, kinda like the church. lol
That's precisely why I looked at other options, and found my Kingpin. I don't want to be a part of a flock mentality. They do have great marketing though.

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I own two Vics but have ridden an 11 HD and I have to say they have stepped up their game. It is good that the two American MC companies are pushing each other, it is good for the consumer. I would not rule out a HD in my future but I will always have a Vic in the garage. And to be honest I am less than pleased with my XC and mother Vic right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts