Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all
I m new to forum
I got me self High-Ball and so far nothing but ton of the fun .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But I would like to ask you guys where is the best place to get spare parts? It is hard to buy parts here in Australia.
I'm looking for a right hand side plastic cover under seat ; like one on photo (new or second hand).
Any help will be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
426 Posts
But I would like to ask you guys where is the best place to get spare parts? It is hard to buy parts here in Australia.
I'm looking for a right hand side plastic cover under seat ; like one on photo (new or second hand).
Welcome. There are more than a few Aussies here who can best respond to that. You can get cheap parts, its the shipping and tax that kills you guys.

EBAY and Amazon have parts all over. Best luck is maybe find a member with a cheap or free part and get it sent on a long slow boat.

For covers maybe find a local metal shop that can slap something nice together. Or build a small plastic 3D printer for a few bills? :) Or spend a few more bills and make parts to sell to your countrymen?

I built one years ago that I used to make custom gun grips with cost me about 350 bucks. Worked fine.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
I live in Indonesia so even more trouble to get stuff, anyways I just write down a bucket list of things I want, then place a order with 1 company, any company that is willing to ship to me... We have tax free import of parts under 2000 USD, but the shipping is outrageous anyway....

I have placed orders with all major victory suppliers, and they did a awsome job....

I even have to get my rear jackpot tire in America, how crazy is that....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
714 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Elmvale ON Canada....buried in snow at the moment 8(

Get some pics up of your ride...and Ride Safe!

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Gday and Welcome, what part what photo?
Cant see any photo.
If yr talking about rhs sidecover the one on my damage quote from Victory Australia was priced at $750 Aust!!! Ridiculous!
Buy your parts from Paulie @HondaEastToledo hes a member on the forum .
Even with exchange rates and shipping hes heaps cheaper.
As I said Im not seeing any pic just using my ESP.
If its the part I think then Id go used on ebay, ebay USA because theres not enough Vics in Australia for em to be parted out at wrecking yards ..nor will there ever be.
So use your contacts here.
Whereabouts in this wide brown land DownUnder do you live?

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville, Florida!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Yesssss sir indeed Paul of @HondaEastToledo is just so easy to deal with emails flying up and down until it is all settled and done with, I ordered lots of stuff with Paul, including tires.... Shipped all the way to Indonesia, ha ha

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Side over

Right after getting my Cross Roads new in 2011 , the right side cover fell off, somewhere. I got it from not Paulie back then, but his Honda dealer. They saved me over $50 from the cost the local dealer wanted. Since then Paulie has always gave me good deals on parts. Call or email Paulie.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gday and Welcome, what part what photo?
Cant see any photo.
If yr talking about rhs sidecover the one on my damage quote from Victory Australia was priced at $750 Aust!!! Ridiculous!
As I said Im not seeing any pic just using my ESP.
If its the part I think then Id go used on ebay, ebay USA because theres not enough Vics in Australia for em to be parted out at wrecking yards ..nor will there ever be.
So use your contacts here.
Whereabouts in this wide brown land DownUnder do you live?
thank you thumb up

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
thank you thumb up
Ah yes my ESP was correct!
Youll pay big money for one through dealers here.
Get a price off Paulie, you'll need to email him on [email protected]
Lets test my ESP again and Ill guess yours is black then you can order new the correct colour.....it still wont be cheap but.
Let me know out of curiosity.
Youd probably get a used one from eBay USA and if its wrong colour get it painted to match or ya may get lucky and get one right colour.
So whereabouts are you based myway?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Welcome from N. Alabama USA

Welcome from N. Alabama USA. I bought a 17 Highball [orange because it's faster than black ;-) ] and immediately learned parts are gonna be tough. I wanted a factory style luggage rack and only found one on E-BAY.....from a 2012 Vegas. (OBTW it would appear most (all?) of the Vegas bikes have the same(?) parts except for the bars of course. at any Rate as mentioned E-BAY is the best place to start. Not saying ht e Honda guy won't help just haven't been to him myself. He does come with high marks form members so I'd give him a try. THis place "says" they have parts -
https://www.partspitstop.com/oemparts/a/vic/57b4a86687a86616509528e5/body-side-cover-all-options.
As far as your search goes though I'd definitely use "Vegas" as your primary search since there seems to be a lot fewer (Vegas) Highball parts listed.

Again, welcome and LONG MAY YOU RIDE!

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I had a look on ebay both Aust and USA and theres nothing at the moment.
Just keep looking mate, try gumtree too and e-mail paulie and see how much he can get you a new one for.
Could be worth checking out Leaders as well as theyve been slashing prices on Vic parts quite heavily.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
https://www.victoryparts.net/oemparts/a/vic/5639c9bd87a86607c020852e/body-side-cover-all-options#

That is just CRAZY expensive...

Did you ever considered to replace BOTH sides with something else? Aluminum primary covers, bolted on a plate that attach to the gromets etc... Look what I did for my cheeswedge, it was a bit expensive and a lot of work "the key hole was missing" but it was worth it....

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Well its still a damn sight cheaper at $254.87 USD than the $750 Aust. that was on my insurance quote for one sidecover.
And Paulies 20% off brings it down more.
Moral of this story Dont lose sidecover!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
find one or two on eBay, but for different model like kingpin or Vegas wondering would it fit to High Ball

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts