Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading several reviews about Hackers (lack of) customer service, I kept looking at other exhausts but kept gravitsating back towards the Hackers because I am really drawn to their Zoomies. I purchased my 2014 Vegas about 5 weeks ago and decided I was ready to purchase an exhaust system. I called Hacker Monday to ask some specific questions about their exhaust. the phone was immediately answered and I spoke with Sherry (sp) for about 10 minutes. She was able to answer all of my questions. I called back Wednesday about 1:30 in the afternoon and ordered my exhaust and AMS. Sherry said both items were in stock. Within 30 minutes I had the invoice including tracking number sent to my email. I live in San Jose, about 30 minutes from hacker's mailing address. The tracking number shows my exhaust will be delivered today by UPS. At this point I have nothing but good things to say about Hacker. They are true to their word and I will have my exhaust in hand the day after I placed my order. I plan on installing both items tonight so I will post an update soon and include pictures.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Sounds great ! Congrats on your new pipes , pics would be great! also , your customer service story from them sounds a lot better then I ever got from Bassani . (Horrible customer service)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, I picked up the gaskets before I even ordered the exhaust, thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Lol Lil mags you hate Bassani!!! I talked to Hackers people on the phone prior to buying Bassani... They seemed pretty good. I bought Bassani because I seen a few Highball's in Calgary with the Zoomies and wanted to have something different.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Lol Lil mags you hate Bassani!!! I talked to Hackers people on the phone prior to buying Bassani... They seemed pretty good. I bought Bassani because I seen a few Highball's in Calgary with the Zoomies and wanted to have something different.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Ya , they did me wrong , and I wont forget it . Its all the false promises and denial they fed me . It wouldn't have been as bad if they just told me to go screw . I don't hold anything against you for buying B . I wont be buying from them again ,But, you knew that already .thumb up

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Update:

The exhuast and AMS were waiting for me when I got home Thursday evening. Not bad for having been ordered Wednesday afternoon. The pipes were wrapped well for shipping. I am glad I had gone to the Victory dealer ahead of time to get new exhaist gaskets and from reading this forum I also had two 18 mm plugs waiting to seal the O2 bungs. The install was painless and went very well. I did cover the exhaust to prevent any scratched during installation and they were unblemished when they were finally bolted up.

Even though i ordered the Zoomies with the "quiet inserts," I still think the pipes are very, very loud when I am riding. I have talked to two of my neighbors and they don't think the exhaust is too loud at all. I have few miles on the bike since the installation was completed, but I do notice an obvious increase in power. With the recommended AMS settings the popping has also been greatly reduced. As I get more time on the bike I will share more riding impressions and include better photos.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Looks great! Are you going to chop the remaining exhaust hanger and lower frame rail?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Exhaust hanger and lower frame rail removed! Thanks for mentioning that, I hadn't even noticed. I just ordered my intake, it will be here next Wednesday. After installing the intake and front turn signals, I think I will be done for awhile.cheers

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE: So I now have the Zoomies, AMS, and Ness air filter installed. I have learned from Hacker that their recommended AMS settings are for exhaust systems without the quiet inserts. He said only about 3% of their products end up having the quiet inserts installed. All of their quiet inserts are removeable EXCEPT for the Zoomies. I initially thought the exhaust was loud because it dumps right next to me, but my neighbors have told me it isn't too bad. Part of me is regretting paying for the quiet inserts now, but when I ride I to work I do leave before 6 am. I wear a full face helmet and it does seem loud when I ride.

I still have some tuning to do with the AMS, but between the exhaust, tuner and the filter, the bike is definately making more power.

Next purchase will be a Lloyd's PTS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts