Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one bought from hacker customs? Thinking about getting the zoomies for my 8ball

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've got Zoomies on my JP. Didn't buy them, they came with the bike, but I have dealt with Ronnie Hacker via email, and he was very easy to work with. I love the pipes- probably a lot more than my neighbors do!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm kinda torn between the zoomies and the rippers.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I bought a set of chrome zoomies(they were out of the ceramic black) so I guess I'll wrap them in black exhaust wrap. Ill post some pics once I wrap'em and install on the bike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a set of zoomies on my hball. They are loud. Can't start my bike until I roll down the hill away from my place a bit. That said, I love them as they are different and make truckers check their mirrors for whatever is making that hot rod sound behind them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a set of zoomies on my hball. They are loud. Can't start my bike until I roll down the hill away from my place a bit. That said, I love them as they are different and make truckers check their mirrors for whatever is making that hot rod sound behind them.
Hey man did you use the AMS? If so is it just plug in and that's it or do you have to do the adjustments yourself?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just have an ECU map that came with my S&S air filter (took away air box). Dealer did it all with zero miles on it. It's important to note that the intake, ECU and exhaust was all done and tuned at the same time.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pipes came in and wrapped. Tomorrow the install and my attempt to tune.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
537 Posts
Those are some great looking pipes. Glad to hear that the quality is good and customer service is also. I've seen several sets of thier pipes that were just plain bad and heard war stories about the customer service that was even worse. Maybe they learned as they grew.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pipes installed

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
82 Posts
Kidwell: How was the install on those pipes? So easy even a caveman could do it or are you a mechanic?

How about the AMS? Does it need to be installed by a dealer and tuned or do the instructions allow you to just plug it in and it auto adjusts?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its easy man, I would do it yourself. Dealership would probably charge 200-300 for install. The AMS I left on the base settings so just plugged in let it cycle and let it be. You can give it a more aggressive tune if you like its up to you.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Lets hear a sound clip of those bad boys!!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmmm...ok give me til the end of the day or tomorrow hell maybe Friday the latest. I'm actually thinking about selling them or trading for some black pipes, I'm not a fan of chrome. i had a set of the santa rosa pipes but laid the bike down and they ate the asphalt.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Its easy man, I would do it yourself. Dealership would probably charge 200-300 for install. The AMS I left on the base settings so just plugged in let it cycle and let it be. You can give it a more aggressive tune if you like its up to you.
Thanks for the info. I decided to go with the RPW Slash pipes in ceramic black with the Lloydz fuel controller. They get installed Thursday evening.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pipes sound great. Has a nice deep throaty sound to them. I am experiencing some popping during acceleration between 2nd and 3rd gears as well as 3rd and 4th gears. The pipes seem to be quite a bit hotter than the shotgun pipes previously installed on it. My guess is it's running too lean.

I have two calls into Lloydz for some VFC settings to get this taken care of but haven't heard back from them. It's been just under 2 weeks now.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Pipes sound great. Has a nice deep throaty sound to them. I am experiencing some popping during acceleration between 2nd and 3rd gears as well as 3rd and 4th gears. The pipes seem to be quite a bit hotter than the shotgun pipes previously installed on it. My guess is it's running too lean.

I have two calls into Lloydz for some VFC settings to get this taken care of but haven't heard back from them. It's been just under 2 weeks now.
I think the RPW's just run hot. I have the slash pipes as well and they run a lot hotter than the Vic Swepts that I had before. I'm also running a PC-V that was dyno tuned by Lloyd himself.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I still have backfiring going on, intermittently, when I shift between 2nd/3rd and 3rd/4th gears. I'm have been trying to find the proper settings for the VFC-3 through Lloydz.

After 3 weeks, 2 phone calls and 1 voicemail left over the weekend, I finally got a call back from Lloydz. I was put on hold for a few minutes and was asked for my email address. I was then emailed a "tech tip" that I had a question on. I emailed them back with the question and haven't heard back.

After spending in the area of $1,000 for new pipes and a VFC-3, I'm pretty disappointed at this point.

If I could do it all over again I'd absolutely go in a different direction.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I still have backfiring going on, intermittently, when I shift between 2nd/3rd and 3rd/4th gears. I'm have been trying to find the proper settings for the VFC-3 through Lloydz.

After 3 weeks, 2 phone calls and 1 voicemail left over the weekend, I finally got a call back from Lloydz. I was put on hold for a few minutes and was asked for my email address. I was then emailed a "tech tip" that I had a question on. I emailed them back with the question and haven't heard back.

After spending in the area of $1,000 for new pipes and a VFC-3, I'm pretty disappointed at this point.

If I could do it all over again I'd absolutely go in a different direction.
Well man sounds like you only have a couple options. Take it and get it tuned, sell your VFC-3 and buy an AMS or find someone one with the same set up as you and get thier VFC settings.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts