Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so I'm looking into getting new pipes and I've narrowed it down to hacker rippers or jokers for my 2013 vegas 8ball. I just had a few questions regarding the o2 plugs and the AMS module.

So I'll start with the O2 plugs. Do I want them? Or should I use the o2 sensor. I'm no mechanic but I'm pretty good with basics and can figure stuff out. I see what looks like a white o2 sensor in my existing pipe, what do I need to do to the existing sensor if I get the plugs?

The AMS module, that remaps the fuel/air right? So once I install the pipes I install the AMS and tweak the settings right? Is the AMS fairly simple to use? Is it simple to install?

Then I guess is the install for the pipes themselves fairly simple? I have a few buddies willing to help with extensive knowledge but I also like to do things for myself.

Are the instructions that hacker provide for install fairly intuitive?

Like I said I'm no mechanic but I can follow instructions and I'm pretty good on the tools. Just trying to do research on the pipes before I get on over my head.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you go with the hacker pipes do not wrap them with the header wrap or they will not warranty their pipes when they fail. Here is what happens to rippers that have been wrapped. Other that the 4 inch split they were decent pipes. Very loud!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Love my hacker rippers, loud and look great. I have the AMS on mine and very easy to tune and use.

I have never wrapped mine, though I have a few close calls with the hot pipes and my leg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts