Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the pipes with the ams. Installed the ams but the pipes do not line up with the bracket on the side. The front pipe's mounting tab is 1/4 inch off(we did alot of pushing and pulling and got a bolt in there) and the rear pipes tab hangs off 2 inches past the bracket. The kit came with a small 2 hole bracket that i guess is supposed to be used for the rear pipe tab to connect to the stock bracket. Instructions say use the old bolts to install but there is nothing for the bolts to thread into on the new pipes and the bolts seem too short anyway. Anyone else install these and have the "fun" im having? Going to go screw around with it some more today considering im supposed to be on a ride today and my bike is not together, i got nothing else to do.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Hope they didn't give you the Hammer 8Ball model , that would exactly describe the issue you are having .... They use different bends and different mounts .....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty sure I figured it out. I bought the bike new with the swept pipes. The mount for those pipes is different than the stock mount. Went to the dealer and ordered the stock mount.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Pretty sure I figured it out. I bought the bike new with the swept pipes. The mount for those pipes is different than the stock mount. Went to the dealer and ordered the stock mount.
When I went to a 2-1 the dealer recommended cutting off the frame extension that mounted the stock pipes. That seemed wrong to me, if you ever wanted to go back stock, the problem you are having. so I used the stock mounting point and just made a bracket that reached to the 2-1 mounting point. If you zoom in on this pic you can see where the mount is. My recommendation, never cut off what you might need later :D

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts