Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently running stage 1 shotgun pipes and opened airbox and looking at these 3 exhaust options, we all know how expensive an exhaust is so I want to make sure I make the right decision before I buy.

If I go with the Rippers I'll get the packaged deal with the tuner, if I go with the one of the others I'll have to find out what the best tuner would be and go from there.

I will of couse be adding to my 100 CI as time and money allows for performance upgrades so I wanted to get any input from those that have been there, done that or just have info to add

·
Registered
690 Posts
For performance, there is none better than RPW 2 into 1. Thor, Big Slash, Deal, or Big Deal. They have good quality, great sound and even better performance ! Bassani 2 into 1s have just as good performance but are known to drag HARD in turns. I think they may have changed the design to try and prevent that, but I still wouldn't want to spend almost 800 dollars and find out they still drag ! But I KNOW RPWs are the best 2 into 1s on the market for our bikes !

·
Registered
56 Posts
The only advice I can provide is based on what I experienced with Hacker Ripper....every time I hear that companies name I just cringe...stay away!!!!!!!!!! Besides the horrible customer service their products are $hit. They used "ceracoat" to cover their pipes. Well apparently they had no idea how to accomplish this because it started to oxidize within 6 months after I installed it. I ended up having to re-coat my exhaust with a rattle can from AutoZone...wish I would have gone with a better company...These are my two cents

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have heard Hacker makes good pipes but their customer service is crap. I emailed them Friday evening asking about some pipes and got a response back Friday night. I replied with another question Saturday morning and had a response Saturday afternoon. Ronnie Hacker was very professional and courteous with me. I ordered pipes Sunday through their website and they shipped Tuesday (Monday was a holiday). So they are on the way! Hope I have good luck with them. I got the Lake pipes to go on my 13 Highball.

Going to do the Lloydz timing wheel at the same time. I already have a VFCIII tuner. If you are looking to squeeze every pony out of your bike that you can, you need to get a new intake, 2 into 1 exhaust, a Power Commander 5 and someone that is good with a dyno. No other controller has the capabilities or reputation Power Commander does. I would have gotten a PC5 but the bike already had the VFCIII on it when I bought it.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I just installed the RPW Slash , they are awesome .:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oh well live and learn...soon you'll see for your self what I was talking about the quality of the products and the their service when your trying to get them to re-coat their pipes once they start to rust...I wish you the best!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh well live and learn...soon you'll see for your self what I was talking about the quality of the products and the their service when your trying to get them to re-coat their pipes once they start to rust...I wish you the best!
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you had expressed your disatisfaction with the Hackers, I have heard nothing but good about the RPWs so that is the route I will go.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think he is referring to me as I just ordered some Hacker pipes. I read many posts saying their pipes were good but the customer service sucks. I haven't received the pipes yet but so far I have been happy dealing with them. I hope the pipes turn out to be good. If not I will sure let you all know I made a mistake!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you had expressed your disatisfaction with the Hackers, I have heard nothing but good about the RPWs so that is the route I will go.
**** , that's not what I wanted to hear .... I just got the Slash pipes , because I feel the Bassani pipes are crappy ... I Guess based on individual experiences , Some have good luck , where others have not ....

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I hope I just don't wish I spent the 1400.00 and got the ground pounders and oil cooler kit , hope my Slash pipes end up being good ... Wont know till spring though , so I'm waiting to find out !

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I've heard gripes literally about every single set of pipes on the market for a Victory, literally. See I'm happy with my Bassani (fit, finish, sound and power) where as some hate it, I've read about poor quality of RPW but great customer service, and Hacker poor customer service and decent pipes, they all have good and bad reviews. How are you supposed to make a decent purchase when everyone is opinionated for some reason or another? I honestly hate when I see the "what exhaust should I get?" threads almost as bad as the "what oil should I use?" threads as it just becomes one big jumble f**k of opinions. Pick the exhaust that suits your needs (power or looks) and be happy....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thor

I have the RPW Thor, its 4 yrs old and still looks new. Sounds great, looks even better. I wouldn't have any other than a RPW product!! It has never drug the street, my 08 Hammer is lowered 1 1/2 and have never had a problem.cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've seen no talk of how much horsepower these different pipes produce. I just ordered bassani 2/1 because the guys at the shop said they give the most power with new intake, pc5, dyno. The conquest actually produces the biggest hp gain but they said you can't have a passenger with that pipe

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Worst part is now I'm in a completely different plane for how to get rid of cats with the hard-ball. You steel frame bikers got it easy. Get the Thor or Big Slash and Done.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts