Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I finally got my Hacker Rippers on yesterday and also installed my PCV. So figured I should do a little review.

Hacker Rippers

http://www.hackercustomexhaust.com/products/product253.html

Fit and finish- I went with all black. I am no expert but man everything seems great, IMO fit and finish is outstanding. I used the stock header gaskets and everything sealed up tight with no leaking. These also use the stock exhaust mounting bracket so no cutting is required.

Sound - Dawn awesome, very deep and very loud. these are loud pipes that are sure to piss of the neighbors.

Price - I got the military discount from Hacker which is huge and made these about the cheapest pipes on the market for me. I love supporting companies that support the military.

Popping and backfire Nothing bad at all to report. I was scared it was going to be bad but there is hardly nothing at all to report on this front.

Overall I could not be more pleased with this purchase, great pipes at a great price.

Power Commander V

Let me start off by saying that I order this from http://www.fuelmotousa.com/ and I am so glad I did. Thanks to the guy on this forum who mentioned them.

Price Fuel Moto gave me an awesome price, well below what LLoydz is priced at so this was a good deal IMO.

Install A huge pain in the ass. Actually it was all very simple until I hit the connection on the front jug. Unless you are removing the stock airbox there is virtually no room to get in their and remove the old plug and install the new one. I worked on this one connection for about an hour. I would have been done in 15 minutes if not for that damn connection.

Drive ability perfect, feels as smooth as stock.

Overall With Fuelmotousa.com loading one of their custom maps before they sent it to me its perfect I could not ask for more.

Let me say that I called FuelMotousa.com to order one. I told them what I had done to my bike and they loaded a custom map for me and mailed it out the next day. IMO the map they loaded is spot one, I really could not have asked for more. I will be doing a lot more business with these guys in the future.

And my Youtube video. Recording with my Iphone really took the bass out of the exhaust tone so dont hold that against them.

·
Premium Member
14,115 Posts
You really need to get an airbox and take advantage of the exhaust and tuner!
+1 To what Diamond said. Nice lookin' bike and those pipes fit it perfectly. Glad to hear of another company, besides Victory, taking care of our troops and veterans. They sound pretty good in the video but they always sound better in person. :D

Jamie, down at Fuel Moto, and his guys are really good and helpful. Best prices around too.

They've just completed a new type of tuner (Power Vision) that tunes the bike automagically as it runs. It's different than the Auto Tune for the PC-V although one can be hooked up. Currently only for HD w/Delphi EFI.

Cobra makes something similar but they sell the rights to anything they make for Victory to Victory so we are SOL. I heard Klockwerks just did the same thing for a windshield they developed for the XC. Shrewd move on Victory's part but bad for us unless they sell the products to us at a competitive price.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will eventually put a air box on but for now I am done spending money. The pipes do sound much better in person, the iPhone does not do a very good job of capturing how deep they are.

·
Registered
396 Posts
sweet!
now save your money for a new s&s air box,
or some torque tubes to get the full effect.cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any update on your HR pipes? I just had to weld up a hole in mine and decided to wrap them and reinstall the heat shield s. Looks sweet. But I am having issues with the tune when I switched to the quiet core baffles. Believe me they are not quiet but they do allow someone else to follow closer than 100yrds.lol. hp baffles are just enough to keep from popping on decel. I have pcv and am talking to fuelmoto where I bought it. Just wondering if you have played with the tune at all?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Dude, this thread is nearly 10 years old. The only person still on this forum from then is Bbob. I wish the moderators could do something about all these Zombie threads being woke back up.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
What would you have the moderators do? Should they close every thread older than a certain age? I am a moderator on another motorcycle website and I can assure you this would be a huge amount of work, especially for the unpaid position of moderator. Should they ban (temp. or permanent) anyone who resurrects a thread older than some specified number of years? That sounds pretty Draconian. Perhaps there is something else they could do that is easy and not punitive. What would you suggest?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah. I guess im a fool for trying to learn and talk about my vic. So sorry to waste your perseious time for asking a question. Can you ,TNXR, point me in a newer thread about this particular information I'm looking into? Or just crappy comments for people?

·
Premium Member
6,384 Posts
Dude, this thread is nearly 10 years old. The only person still on this forum from then is Bbob. I wish the moderators could do something about all these Zombie threads being woke back up.
I like reading these old threads,

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Yeah. I guess im a fool for trying to learn and talk about my vic. So sorry to waste your perseious time for asking a question. Can you ,TNXR, point me in a newer thread about this particular information I'm looking into? Or just crappy comments for people?
I would have you click on the members profile you are asking the question and see when they last posted. The person you pointed your question to has not posted anything since 2013 so common sense would tell you that they are not an active member.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
What would you have the moderators do? Should they close every thread older than a certain age? I am a moderator on another motorcycle website and I can assure you this would be a huge amount of work, especially for the unpaid position of moderator. Should they ban (temp. or permanent) anyone who resurrects a thread older than some specified number of years? That sounds pretty Draconian. Perhaps there is something else they could do that is easy and not punitive. What would you suggest?
No such extreme measures but have threads older than a set amount of years locked out for comments but still viewable.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
No such extreme measures but have threads older than a set amount of years locked out for comments but still viewable.
That was my first idea that you might want. I said, "What would you have the moderators do? Should they close every thread older than a certain age?" I then pointed out that this would be a huge amount of work for mods who are not paid.

An easier solution is to accept that this will happen and not to jump down the throats of new people who join, are excited about their Victory, and post in old threads. Having old posts unearthed does not hurt anyone and sometimes brings up interesting posts.

Reactions: BP6666VR
1 - 13 of 13 Posts