Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start off with, I have a 2015 High Ball with Lloydz Torque Tubes, Lloydz Timing Wheel, Lloydz VFC-III, and Conquest Custom Octanes.
I installed everything myself, and had her dyno tuned by Kyle of KMC 2 weekends ago. Impressive numbers, and my ass tells me that she is making a lot more power also. But I still have 2 complaints. 1 of which is the back firing whenever I downshift. Excessive backfiring unless the RPM's are over 3000. Second, is the horrible throttle response I am getting when I start to open the throttle. Once she gets past 1/8th throttle opened, she's fine. It's that first eighth in which she feels sluggish and lazy. Thougths?
I know feel that she is running to lean because of the backfiring on downshifts, but the lazy throttle response at turn in makes me feel that she is running to rich. WTF!!! Comments?
Should I start playing with the VFC III, or e-mail Kyle and get his thoughts?

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
To start off with, I have a 2015 High Ball with Lloydz Torque Tubes, Lloydz Timing Wheel, Lloydz VFC-III, and Conquest Custom Octanes.
I installed everything myself, and had her dyno tuned by Kyle of KMC 2 weekends ago. Impressive numbers, and my ass tells me that she is making a lot more power also. But I still have 2 complaints. 1 of which is the back firing whenever I downshift. Excessive backfiring unless the RPM's are over 3000. Second, is the horrible throttle response I am getting when I start to open the throttle. Once she gets past 1/8th throttle opened, she's fine. It's that first eighth in which she feels sluggish and lazy. Thougths?
I know feel that she is running to lean because of the backfiring on downshifts, but the lazy throttle response at turn in makes me feel that she is running to rich. WTF!!! Comments?
Should I start playing with the VFC III, or e-mail Kyle and get his thoughts?
get it back to Kyle, and dont touch it..once you play with it youve got no comeback on the tuneup
Theyre pretty wild pipes you got there too them octanes!...
Id expect hotrod pipes to sound like a hotrod.
could be exhaust gaskets not sealing properly too
Wouldnt you be better with a PCV for tunability anyway

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
contact kyle and get a pcv

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to e-mail Kyle today. Him and his whole crew seemed like stand up people. They actually squeezed me in without an appointment to boot!!! In the e-mail I will address the issues I am having, and also request that he install a PCV on my bike. Hey Jody, trip to NH? cheers
I had the same feeling about the header gaskets. I gave all four bolts a look see, and 3 out of the four were to loose. So, they are all seated properly now, I think. Something else for me to have his guys look at. :crzy:

get it back to Kyle, and dont touch it..once you play with it youve got no comeback on the tuneup
Theyre pretty wild pipes you got there too them octanes!...
Id expect hotrod pipes to sound like a hotrod.
could be exhaust gaskets not sealing properly too
Wouldnt you be better with a PCV for tunability anyway

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
What is the difference between VFC III
&
PC-5

Guess go back to the shop and ask do fix it or & put a PC5

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Pcv (Power Commander 5) is much more tunable.

·
Registered
262 Posts
It's gonna be real hard to tune out all back firing with short pipes like octains. You really would be better of with a pcv. Kyle will be able to tune it much better.

·
13,177 Posts
How did you get at the head bolts?
Did you take off a black rocker box to get at them?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
If you still backfire after tightening the exhaust flange bolts then there's a possibility the gasket/s could be damaged. I would say that is likely your backfire issue considering you found those bolts so loose. Have a spare set on hand and the PCV is the best tuning option for your bike. Surprising Kyle didn't suggest it before he put you on the Dyno.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
contact kyle and get a pcv
Yes , suggest to Kyle to do this , and I would make sure to be using the Lloyds exhaust gaskets , not the factory crap ones . Pipe nuts should be torqued to 12 Ft LBS cheers

·
Registered
262 Posts
The problem with tuning a vfc is it can only add fuel. So it very possible that you could have rich points. The vfc can only add more fuel on top of it. The pcv can lean those rich spots out much more accurately. I had a vfc on my XCT before I switched to the pcv. It worked ok but I couldn't ever get it just right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts