Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...

I have had my new 2011 Vegas 8-Ball for a month now, and I'm mostly happy. I traded my 2009 Vulcan 900 for it. So far I love the power, handling is great, looks beautiful!

Now my complaints, hated the stock seat, my tailbone always felt like it was sitting on the rear fender spine. I also think the seat is too far forward, and the pegs are too close. I bought a Mustang seat, whack help a bit, I also have the 2" forward peg extensions on order too, they might help me get the feel of my old bike back. I also think the bars are too far back, I am thinking about switching out to the hammer V-drag bars. Once I get that, I think the riding position will fit me better. I'm not very tall, 5' 11", but the bike feels like it was made for shorter riders. Another complaint is the brakes, the front is just weak, my old 900 will out stop it any day.

Regardless, I bought the bike for the engine, but have been pleasantly surprised by it's light handling and overall high-tech features. I am so glad I did not buy the Fury.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hello all...

I have had my new 2011 Vegas 8-Ball for a month now, and I'm mostly happy. I traded my 2009 Vulcan 900 for it. So far I love the power, handling is great, looks beautiful!

Now my complaints, hated the stock seat, my tailbone always felt like it was sitting on the rear fender spine. I also think the seat is too far forward, and the pegs are too close. I bought a Mustang seat, whack help a bit, I also have the 2" forward peg extensions on order too, they might help me get the feel of my old bike back. I also think the bars are too far back, I am thinking about switching out to the hammer V-drag bars. Once I get that, I think the riding position will fit me better. I'm not very tall, 5' 11", but the bike feels like it was made for shorter riders. Another complaint is the brakes, the front is just weak, my old 900 will out stop it any day.

Regardless, I bought the bike for the engine, but have been pleasantly surprised by it's light handling and overall high-tech features. I am so glad I did not buy the Fury.
A new bike is like a new pair of shoes...you have to break them in....once you do that you may find it is one of the most pleasurable things in life that one can do with their clothes on...Sure we all modify the bikes...that's what makes it ours......Live, ride and enjoy.......cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the same complaints about the seat on my Jackpot. I tried the 2" pegs and I think it actually feels better for me in the stock position with the stock seat. It didn't matter where the pegs were it felt like I am sitting too far up on the bike. I thought about trying a corbin saddle...

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Did you bother to test ride the bike first? If you had done that you would have known of the problems you were going to have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nobody had a Vegas to test, I ended up testing on a Hammer. They got the Vegas from 500 miles away.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you bother to test ride the bike first? If you had done that you would have known of the problems you were going to have.
This post was not helpful. You scolding someone for not test riding a bike does nothing to help their current situation.

I test rode my bike, but they don't take you on 100 miles rides. It's hard to get a feel for a bike's long range riding feel in 10 miles. My bike feels awesome around town. It's just when I go on 50+ mile rides that I start to notice the seating issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts