Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The throttle should snap back after installing iso grips. I don’t mean to be insulting by stating the obvious... I googled this problem and saw on another forum for other bikes that some people stated their throttles were slow to return after installing new grips, but they could live with it.

I put on iso grips today; part no. 6235 is listed at the kuyrakyn website as the correct part. I believe they are the same as victory comfort grips. Anyway, the throttle grip did not fit loosely over the handlebar like it is supposed to, and the throttle would not snap back. I put the stock grip back on, which still worked fine, and then tried again, thinking I may have snagged a cable. Then I noticed without the cables attached, how tight the iso grip was and how loose the stock grip was in comparison. So it was obvious I had to make the new grip bigger, so the throttle would snap back again.

A dremel drum sander attachment, a big half round file worked in and out, and sandpaper wrapped around the file made short work of what appeared to be some kind of seam inside there, about an inch from the end cap. Works great now, but I didn’t think I should have to do that. I saw a guy in a how-to video install his grips in a couple minutes. I don’t want to say how long it took me.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sorry you had such troubles. My black ISO grips gave no such issues.

Glad you got it worked out tho thumb up

I'll be replacing mine. Not comfortable on long rides over 100 miles. The rubber pillows (as I call them) dig into my hands thru my gloves. Plus I don't like the added diameter.

·
Registered
782 Posts
As an aside....

It's funny how you don't often hear word term "reaming out" used in it's original meaning, in most conversations. So when I read your title, I pictured some dude standing in his garage screaming at his throttle grip :ltr:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's how I meant you to read it (double meaning):cool:

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Sorry you had such troubles. My black ISO grips gave no such issues.

Glad you got it worked out tho thumb up

I'll be replacing mine. Not comfortable on long rides over 100 miles. The rubber pillows (as I call them) dig into my hands thru my gloves. Plus I don't like the added diameter.
Avon grips...Noemtz sells them. I put a pair on mine and they are way more comfortable than the ISO's!!

Attachments

·
Registered
851 Posts
As an aside....

It's funny how you don't often hear word term "reaming out" used in it's original meaning, in most conversations. So when I read your title, I pictured some dude standing in his garage screaming at his throttle grip :ltr:
I must've been a squid for too long, I thought you were going to go in an ENTIRELY different direction than you did :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts