1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
At a guess around 3.5s

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Both 0-60 and 1/4 mile will be HIGHLY dependent on the gorilla between the seat and the handlebars. With a good rider the bike should run ~12.60s and make it to 60 mph in ~3.7seconds.

However... it's quite easy to improve on that.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Both 0-60 and 1/4 mile will be HIGHLY dependent on the gorilla between the seat and the handlebars. With a good rider the bike should run ~12.60s and make it to 60 mph in ~3.7seconds.

What times could one expect HC from a bike set up like mine? Assume i have the riding skills .

·
Registered
352 Posts
What about mine Larry ??

Now as is ,

And

With blower ?

:)

Peter

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
What about mine Larry ??
Now as is , And With blower ? :)
Your bike, like mine, is going to be HARD TO LAUNCH. All that torque down low and a sticky track is... let's use the word 'interesting' ;)

Assuming a rider in the 200 lb range and a good pass, before blower probably 11.30s like it sits.

What's your guess with the blower? 190 HP? That would get you in the low 10s someplace. If you set the bike up to race (strap the front down, max preload on the rear shock, only a gallon of race gas, and lowered tire pressure... might break into the 9s. With a wheelie bar definitely 9s.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Your bike, like mine, is going to be HARD TO LAUNCH. All that torque down low and a sticky track is... let's use the word 'interesting' ;)

Assuming a rider in the 200 lb range and a good pass, before blower probably 11.30s like it sits.

What's your guess with the blower? 190 HP? That would get you in the low 10s someplace. If you set the bike up to race (strap the front down, max preload on the rear shock, only a gallon of race gas, and lowered tire pressure... might break into the 9s. With a wheelie bar definitely 9s.
Yea ...I hear ya ... I'm usually pretty mindful of the throttle now gears 1 thru 2.... if not , I have surprised myself with some unexpected front tire air time..... ;)

My guess with the blower is ~ 170 HP .... keeping the current piston / compression as is ..... for this season....

Peter

·
Registered
352 Posts
Peter, how is the work going on your bike?
Good things take time......even more so when I stop in once per week and harass ......

The last time I was there he attempted to Throttle me but good....

I'm hoping by my birthday - which is 1st day of April.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hammer 8 Ball

Thanks for the info.........so for a cruiser the factory stock bike (Hammer8 Ball) is deemed pretty quick then eh?

Don't want to come across as totally lame but is it even close to being able to get any air on that front tire, or simply too much weight up front?

Secondly my friends ride Harley's (Street Glide, V-Rod), Yamaha (1100)and Honda (1800) all stock cruisers. Am I likely to be able to smoke their asses off, even the V-Rod?

Cobra

·
Registered
352 Posts
Given equal riding skills ....
...You will not have your way with the V-Rod .

Peter

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
is it even close to being able to get any air on that front tire, or simply too much weight up front?
You will need to spend some money to make the bike strong enough to climb the belt and hold the front wheel up.

Secondly my friends ride Harley's (Street Glide, V-Rod), Yamaha (1100)and Honda (1800) all stock cruisers. Am I likely to be able to smoke their asses off, even the V-Rod?
The Street Glide and the Yamaha 1100 will lose...
With the VTX 1800 it'll be real close.
The V-Rod will beat you in a drag race, but you will tear his ass up in 5th gear roll-ons,

Again, you can make the Victory spank V-Rods (I can) but that costs money.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
115 HP XC with a decent rider should go 12.30-ish I would guess if you weigh around 200.
Im 189 now. (holiday weight still with me) usually around 180 in the summer but the warmer more humid air will kill some et. I'm looking to take my vic to a test and tune night just for S&G's. Hope to be low 12's. That's what I was expecting anyway.

·
Registered
33 Posts
1/4 mile times

I have an 06 8 Ball, 100ci, 2-1 pipe, modified air box, otherwise stock; average times for around 20 passes at MIR, 12.5 @ 104.5, been awhile ago, don't remember the 0-60.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts