21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
hammer oversize rear tire

i like the rear fender style of the hammer as well, but i guess the $2,000 saved on price difference woulh help if a complete front end could be found used, inverted cartridge forks are not cheap, i also would want a dual disc setup, is the newer hammer 18" single disc wheel drilled for another disc? still researching and yet to ride one, my modified 06 sporty is a pretty good ride 6 piston caliper brake tech rotors and fully adj suspension, i put $5900 into it in mostly function, i gotta like the vic more to buy one!!
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
single disc

some say its ok other reviews say just marginal, everyone says the dual brembo's are great on S models, looks like they are on some earlier hammer's unless info forgets to mention the S designator. if i could find an S close to home prolly go that way, only have to deal with oversize rear tire then

·
Registered
41 Posts
Put on the Metzeler 260 (ME 880 Marathon) a few weeks ago and it made a big difference in handling.
Did you notice a different ride height with the 260? It appears from pictures that I have seen that the tire looks taller because of the more rounded profile. Due to my exhaust, I need to plant my right foot out as far as possible and a taller tire my prevent that!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Plenty of skinny tire bikes to choose from out there. Putting a skinny tire on a Hammer would be like buying a XC and taking off the bags and fairing. The Fat tire is pretty much "the point" on a bike like the Hammer and Jackpot (in my humble opinion). Would a Hammer handle better with a skinny rear tire? Yeah it's called a Kingpin. Would it look as badass as a Hammer? nope. Again just my opinion as a Hammer fan.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Trade

I bet there is a Vegas or other model Victory owner out there that wants the fat rear tire/wheel compo. You might post on here that you want to trade. The front forks I bet you have to put out some more cash. You might even consider a set up off another brand of bike, a trip to a salvage yard may find you want your looking for. Front end off a Jap bike or a Europeon brand may work.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
hammer is more than a fat tire

i like the hammer's looks best,except rear tire, would like a dual disc also, i can bolt on most anything but even parts prices are high. looking to get what I want without spending thousands xtra after buying an already not cheap bike. i like better handling bike that comes from better suspension + brakes that stop quickly, otherwise i would buy a superglide. do not like the kingpin's ugly fenders and floorboards are in cars!!! thanks for trying

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
very old but i did buy a 13 hammer in late 13, an 800 mile beauty, yes the stock dunrock stinks, BUT a pirelli night dragon in a 240 transforms the bike as did the custom penske shock!! later on i installed another disc up front a great ride!! fast forward to 2021 + being 73 YO i find the bike a bit large for me + looking to sell for $6500 in like new condition with 11 thou on it, a real bargain for sure!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
very old but i did buy a 13 hammer in late 13, an 800 mile beauty, yes the stock dunrock stinks, BUT a pirelli night dragon in a 240 transforms the bike as did the custom penske shock!! later on i installed another disc up front a great ride!! fast forward to 2021 + being 73 YO i find the bike a bit large for me + looking to sell for $6500 in like new condition with 11 thou on it, a real bargain for sure!!
your contact info ? or call steve 631 255-0078 thx

·
Registered
4 Posts
06 Hammer with a 300 Avon. Once u get used to how much push u have to put on the handlebars handles just fine. Then when the exit of curve is coming up just crank back on the throttle, it stands up straight and your gone.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts