Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2011 Hammer S, and want to replace my stock handlebars, with a set from earlier model Hammers, the factory ones with the V shape, is this a simple change, will the V shape stockers bolt right up?

Does anyone have a set they'd be interested in selling?
Thx

I'll post this in the classifieds to.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
V bars

i have a 13 hammer + a little closer on the bars would be better. how are the mentioned V bars as far as arm comfort. i am 5-8 + stock is decent but could be a little better

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I've read the V-bars(drag bars) might put the bars a lil farther away, but there's a thread on here where a fella bought longer risers, and said that worked out well for comfort...
Also if you have the same stock bars I have, I think you can adjust them by rolling them in to make them a lil closer..
Maybe someone can confirm that...

·
Registered
318 Posts
i have a 13 hammer + a little closer on the bars would be better. how are the mentioned V bars as far as arm comfort. i am 5-8 + stock is decent but could be a little better
Well, I am your same height and have an 06 that came stock with the v bars. I have to lean forward a bit and find myself after 1/2 an hour or so just using one hand while on open roads. I have been seriously contemplating getting 1 or 2 inch risers that I have seen that would works perfectly with the v bars AND also give a more finished look at the base of the bars where otherwise water and dirt can settle. I can't recall where I saw the risers but if you are my size and find that you wouldn't mind the bars being a bit back and up, they might do the trick.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
spacers

i picked up some black 1/2" thick washers + looking that the stud mounting makes xtra pita! dont want to need longer cables. being a "fashionable" shaped base adds to pita + getting a decent look. prolly install this winter. 3/4" black aluminum standoffs worked on my 12 bonneville, just got longer high grade bolts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
more pullback please

i just received a set of 3.5" risers with 1.5" pullback. they look to be a quarter inch higher than my stock 13 hammer risers, its the pullback i need. nice black billet alum, under $30 from Kapscomoto christmas special. they use a 1/2 X 13 bolt up from the bottom aka the other V-Twin, Vics studs are 11mm if i remember right, depending in how tight the hole is a little drilling may be needed, 1/2 is only 1.7 mm bigger. a little quality time by the pot belly stove in the garage.

·
Registered
318 Posts
From what I've read the V-bars(drag bars) might put the bars a lil farther away, but there's a thread on here where a fella bought longer risers, and said that worked out well for comfort...
Also if you have the same stock bars I have, I think you can adjust them by rolling them in to make them a lil closer..
Maybe someone can confirm that...
I have the v bar on my Hammer and am 5' 8' tall. They are a bit of a stretch and I have thought about getting risers but I just can't decide on the length I need. The risers will bring the bar back a bit and put me more in the upright position I believe.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
pullback risers

heres what i ended doing on my 13 hammer. got a set of nice but cheap 3.5" pullback risers from kapscomoto, they mount with 1/2 X 13 bolts from the bottom aka harley, so theres lots of options. cables worked on the 3.5 inchers + they made a difference, i am barely 5-8. longer ones are available but cable issues may arise, heres some pics.
[/URL][/IMG] and a comparison to stock
[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts