Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
12,984 Posts
Very cool. To bad its not a cheap buy. Faring and chin spoiler would work good with the rest of the bike

·
Registered
504 Posts
That Warbird kit is a very retro style cafe bike of yesteryear that Corbin went after, and they only fit it to one bike model; the FXR... unfortunately the FXR looked really good the way it was and they didnt sell very many.

As for the Hammer XR? --- I think my own take on the "Cafe" styling I put together came out pretty well and on a bigger and better frame.

But thats just me!:D

cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
Has that late 1950's, early 1960's fighter jet vibe going, which is pretty cool.

I think I would rather see this look on a Triumph or BSA as opposed to a Hammer S....

On a different note, HC, given your interest in the performance aspect of the Victory lineup, I've always been a bit surprised you didn't start with the Hammer S as the platform for all your performance investments. I know the Hammer and Kingpin are basically the same, except for cosmetics but the Hammer S comes out of the box "wanting" to be fast...just an observation...

·
Premium Member
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On a different note, HC, given your interest in the performance aspect of the Victory lineup, I've always been a bit surprised you didn't start with the Hammer S as the platform for all your performance investments. I know the Hammer and Kingpin are basically the same, except for cosmetics but the Hammer S comes out of the box "wanting" to be fast...just an observation...
Hammer S was too expensive at $19K and the 250mm rear tire detracted from the handling. The Kingpin is more versatile... lends itself to big bags, more seat options, better choices in sticky tires, and the chassis, suspension, and engine were the same as the Hammer. The only things the KP gives up to the Hammer S is the lighter wheels and the second front brake rotor. I went for the versatility.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts