Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi looking to change the exhaust on my 07 Hammer, has any change to Stage 1 and noticed a big change in performance? Also Im wondering if anyone has bought pipes elsewhere, how are they working? I have looked at the 2 into 1, not sure how they would look but open to ideas. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2 Posts
you are looking an hammer exhaust, well if i were you i will search through internet there are lot of site that you can relate or find an hammer exhaust in your ride,

·
Registered
4 Posts
2007 Hammer S

I have the stage one with the Black Slash pipes on mine. The power is great, but I never had the bike w/o the stage one on it. I will say the volume of the pipes is loud! I love it though, loud w/o being blatty like straight pipes can be. I am going to get a better performing airbox, fuel controller, and a dyno tune put on it. I hope to get 5-10 extra HP out of it. Lloyd of Lloydz Motor Workz said that the stage one kit is good, but the airbox wasn't the greatest, and switch the airbox should give more power. Just realize that whatever pipes/airbox combo you go with, your bike will also require a different tune to take full advantage of the new parts.

Here are some pics of the bike. I really want to change out the turn signals.

Pics

·
Registered
10 Posts
pipes

I shopped around and found a stag 1 shotgun kit and am truley happy with it surprised me! Got rid of the pissed off sewing machine sound of stock and throttle response got a lot better and it up'd the horsepower noticeabley. My buddy got the basani with a S&S BOX and he loves it and it sounds good he's noticed a jump in power also, adding roughly 25 horse to each and dropping some weight. Neither are deafening which I was glad for mine but it rumbles loud enough to turn heads! hope this helps

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got the factory Stage 1 slip ons installed, much better sound,little better response. Looks just like the factory exhaust except has larger holes. Not overly noisey so neighbors won't be to offended :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Stage 1 pipes don't change the sound as much as some of the better aftermarket pipes do honestly.

I went with the RPW Slash pipes on my 07 Hammer S and love them. 2-into-1 pipes hopwever produce more power (about a 5hp gain), so if performance is more important than sound to you, look into a 2-into-1 pipe like the Big Slash or something similar.

The best sound, bar-none, is the Hard Krome Sideburner, but it's not the most aesthetically pleasing. It is the only pipe that drops the exhaust note to a deep rumbling, musclecar sound. Any other pipe made has a smaller diameter, and can be a bit raspy.

My personal favorite (and the way I'd go if I were doing it again) is the Conquest Customs "Octanes". But you'd better enjoy LOUD.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you look into the 2-1 pipes, be sure to give the Bassani pipes a good look. I have never heard anything but good reviews about them. I think the Bassani 2-1 shorts would look great with the muscular curves of the Hammer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got the factory Stage 1 slip ons installed, much better sound,little better response. Looks just like the factory exhaust except has larger holes. Not overly noisey so neighbors won't be to offended :)
I have the same thing and got them cheap on EBay and they sound pretty good IMO and if you look on Lloyzd's website under the dyno specs the stage one does have some increase in HP & Torque.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi looking to change the exhaust on my 07 Hammer, has any change to Stage 1 and noticed a big change in performance? Also Im wondering if anyone has bought pipes elsewhere, how are they working? I have looked at the 2 into 1, not sure how they would look but open to ideas. Thanks guys
I'll be changing out my Stage 1 pipes in the next week. If you might be interested, just let me know. They are in perfect shape.

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts