Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone transplanted a complete front end or even just a front wheel from a hammer to a vegas.

I'm tempted by the Vegas 8 ball but am not keen on the skinny front tyre.

I like the Hammer 8 ball but not that big fat rear tyre:D

Stumpy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks

looking into it a bit more

Would I be right in thinking the 8 ball Kingpin is the same as the Vegas but with the 8 ball Hammer front end but with foot boards and larger mug guards

I think the most cost effective way to get the Victory I want would be to buy an 8 ball kingpin swap the front mudguard from the 8 ball hammer, the rear mudguard and forward controls from the 8 ball Vegas

Stumpy

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
No its not.

The Kingpin and Hammer share the same inverted front end but the Kingpin rides on a 21 and the Hammer on an 18 inch wheel. Also, the Hammer has DUAL disk brakes up front compared to the single set up for the Kingpin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No its not.

The Kingpin and Hammer share the same inverted front end but the Kingpin rides on a 21 and the Hammer on an 18 inch wheel. Also, the Hammer has DUAL disk brakes up front compared to the single set up for the Kingpin.
I'm looking at the 2010 sales book and it says the Kingpin has inverted forks, single disc and an 18 inch wheel

nice ride BTW

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I tested a Vegas 8 ball today and thought it was great. I explained to the salesman I was interested in a Victory but not sure which one and that I didnt fancy the handling of the fat rear tyre on the hammers. On returning to the shop the salesman had a Hammer s outside ready and said just try it. So i set of down the road tried a few roundabouts and tight turns and it didnt seem too bad at all. So I'm sleeping on it for a few days but I reckon I'm going for a Hammer S.

Which means I'm now in the wrong section:D

Thanks for you help thumb up

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here is my Vegas with hammer front end 21 in wheel also.
where can you find the forks from the hammer? I also wouldnt mind the rear shock from a hammer as well. I heard the suspension setup is much better and maybe cheaper to go this route vs all aftermarket parts for my vegas.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I went with the KP front end on my '04 Vegas, and wow what a difference. Even with the old 80/90 front tire, the bike feels 100% stiffer in tight turns, and in big sweeping curves. I found my premium KP front end (forks, tripples, and bearings) new on clearance on eBay, still in factory packaging for $430 shipped.

The bike is still lowered for crusing, but I'm considering a Hammer rear shock, lift links, and 18" front wheel to make it turn a little better... I haven't made up my mind yet.

·
Premium Member
9,212 Posts
I went with the KP front end on my '04 Vegas, and wow what a difference. Even with the old 80/90 front tire, the bike feels 100% stiffer in tight turns, and in big sweeping curves. I found my premium KP front end (forks, tripples, and bearings) new on clearance on eBay, still in factory packaging for $430 shipped.

The bike is still lowered for crusing, but I'm considering a Hammer rear shock, lift links, and 18" front wheel to make it turn a little better... I haven't made up my mind yet.

Fantastic, you got a bargain there,
Sometimes you get lucky.
Parts pool in the States is massive compared with here.
I got real lucky with scoring my 18"front for less than the cost of the brand new tyre that was on the wheel.
Lot less demand here too,,still kicking myself for not getting the new take off rear sprocket for forty bucks when I had the chance...
Nice looking bike by the way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts