Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be stupid but this is my first oil change on my 06 hammer I am doing myslef. First one was done at the dealer because I bought it used and wanted them to check out everything.

How much oil should it take? Does it just go in right there where the dipstick is? It is my first victory, so just want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks.

Josh

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
May be stupid but this is my first oil change on my 06 hammer I am doing myslef. First one was done at the dealer because I bought it used and wanted them to check out everything.

How much oil should it take? Does it just go in right there where the dipstick is? It is my first victory, so just want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks.

Josh
Dip stick and fill hole are on right side of engine next to front Main Drive pulley cover.

Drain Plug: Look under your engine....on the left side (if sitting on bike) there is a plug. It's removed with allen wrench. Stand bike up as straight as possible or chock the front wheel to get most of it drained out. Leaning will leave some in the case. Your oil filter is directly behind the engine in between it and the rear tire. Good luck to you.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
The average amount is about 4.5 quarts.

Recommended oil is the Victory oil which is a semi synthetic. Using a full syn will likely result in clutch slippage.

You can reuse the crush washer on the drain plug if its still in good shape.

I will move this to the Tech forum since it is a tech question.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts