Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi was hoping someone can give me some advise were to look.I have a 2007 hammer bought it used and had victory swept pipes and vented air cleaner cover K&N filter and i assume stage1 flash.Put an S&S air cleaner on and removed the baffles and put in thunder monster baffles.Bike runs good alittle popping when letting of the gas but really not to bad.when put the baffles in used new gaskets and checked for leaks and all seems good.Well went to put bike away for the winter and took the spark plugs out to spray some storage spray in the cylinders and when i looked at the plugs that are really dry black so its running really rich.I thought if anything with the S&S it would be lean if anything.Anyone have an idea what i should be looking for?Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do you know how many miles on the plugs? You could start with the cheap stuff first. Replace the plugs and check em after a few hundred miles. If they're black again I would look at the tune.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
My vegas was the same way, I believe its the tune with the pipes, I had the K&N filter, stage one tune and the swept pipes with rpw baffles, and the plugs were very dark, black and sooty.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
A little rich is one thing, black sooty plugs is not a little rich though. Cardboard brown is the color I look for, chocolate brown is to rich for me, black is neither.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You say that your bike was running rich?Did you fix it and what was causing it to run rich the flash?

·
12,972 Posts
Maybe where you bought it from had it idling a lot for some others looking at the bike.
Start out with new plugs. Are your 02's hooked up or are they un plugged. Being un plug will make it run rich.
How long do you let it idle before riding? You might be idling to Long. When you start the bike after a minuet put your hand on rear cylinder you can feel if its warm if it is get up and go.
Maybe your flash is wrong.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i dont let the bike idle long maybe min and half then i am on my way.O2 sensors are uplugged and exhaust ports plugged.I will try new plugs in the spring and go from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts