Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
The bike will run without a battery but not recommended as the charging system on bike is not the same as a car. In a pinch sure it can run.

·
Registered
454 Posts
most newer cars will not start without having a battery, has to do with getting fuel pressure to the injectors and power to the onboard computer, once running most cars will run without the battery, but the charging system is different for a motorcycle, not sure if the newer bikes will run without it (the older ones without fuel injection would).

I am sure the same principals would apply to a bike as a car, but then again I am no expert, BUT I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. :D

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I heard the Vic's run like crap just having the battery terminals be a little loose ... Or even a weak battery . If they do not like those simple problems , I cant imagine it being too happy with no battery .....

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
We got a tiny charge on her and took it for a spin. She does not like idling without a good battery.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Yup , these things need a solid battery with good connections to run properly , I put star lock washers on mine to help keep them tight .

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
We got a tiny charge on her and took it for a spin. She does not like idling without a good battery.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
As expected, like I stated above in a pinch it will be ok, like if your stranded and need to make it home or to the closest place for a fix.

·
13,002 Posts
The bike will run without a battery but not recommended as the charging system on bike is not the same as a car. In a pinch sure it can run.
Sorry a motorcycle will not run with out a battery or a charged battery.
Cars can cause they have a alternator we or motorcycle have a stator. Two different style charging system

1 - 8 of 8 Posts