Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im new to the forum. I own a Hammer S 2007 the red and black edition with the red wheels. First my question is: Is there a product to put on those wheels that will remove the paint form them wihout scratch anything. Hammer is gone to the paint shop for new airbrush...bike will be green so i want them polished...
Second option is to buy a new set of chrome wheels....wheres the best place to buy them online for good price???

Let me know guys...thx

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Wheels are powder coated, and will need to be sandblasted before polish, or chroming. For new wheels look to.....
Kewlmetal ....for one of a kind, or mimic wheels
Conquest cutoms.... for some exotic off the shelf stuff
Ness ....For some cool stuff
Xtreme Macine....Real cool, but it takes awhile

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
info

I was asking because today when i take a look at coupples of scratch on the rear wheel, i see that the paint can be remove with my hand where is guess the clear is no more there. And when i remove the paint, i see some polished metal behind...

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Those are performance machine Heathen wheels and they are powdercoated. They are custom wheels and only came on the Hammer S model from 2007-2008. They are very expensive wheels. The rear wheel alone is about $1700. Yes you would have to sandblast the powdercoat off i think.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
S wheels are lighter

read where the Hammer S wheels are a pound lighter, thats unsprung weight. performance machine has fitments as well. if you like the style it is prolly worthwhile to do the clean + polish even if you pay a pro, its easily 3G for a pair of wheels. good time to do tires as well!

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Did you just get this bike and can you post a picture If the wheels are true 07 S wheels they should not be chromed under the powder coating I just traded my 07 in on a 13 CC The 07 is one of the best looking bikes victory ever put out and that is a one year only paint (Sunset Red and Black) tell they made the anniversary addition victory’s also the S is lighter the other Hammers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Those are performance machine Heathen wheels and they are powdercoated. They are custom wheels and only came on the Hammer S model from 2007-2008. They are very expensive wheels. The rear wheel alone is about $1700. Yes you would have to sandblast the powdercoat off i think.
I bought a pair of 2007 wheels they were re powder coated black there awesome on my 2009 ,black rims are the thing now, performance machine the best

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.