Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It moves the pegs 2 inches forward. Noticeable difference. I bought the rod for the hammer s too. Easy peazy

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't taken a pic with the new peg location but this is recent

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Oh yeah!...man, your bike looks great! thumb up

Those bars look MASSIVE!...what model are they?

Also, did lowering it effect the ride at all?...as in, did it make it stiffer?

I really like that pipe too...does it have a baffle in it?

Very nice.:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pipe has a baffle in it. It sounds great. Its loud but not obnoxious. The bars are from burleigh. There from Australia. I got a progressive mono shock. It lowers it 2 inches. Its just a better quality shock. U feel the road a lot better but it dampens the ride fine. Kinda like the difference in driving a sports car as oppose to a Cadillac. If u wanted to lower it with the factory shock I have a lowering bracket i'm selling

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Oh yeah!...man, your bike looks great! thumb up

Those bars look MASSIVE!...what model are they?

Also, did lowering it effect the ride at all?...as in, did it make it stiffer?

I really like that pipe too...does it have a baffle in it?

Very nice.:)
Yeah TUFF handlebars aren't they?...I got 'em on my Vegas too.
They're just up the road from me, Top Quality bars.
Here's the link http://www.burleighbars.com.au/

Blackbetty those Hammer peg mounts vs Vegas, do they give any more ground clearance on bends?...my Vegas Low could do with a bit more.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well, in all honesty, I'm in the process of buying a 2013 Hammer as we speak, and I'm not exactly sure what I want to do...other than to definitely change the stock bars...I just don't like their looks at all...and I like forward foot controls...had them on both my Harley Night Trains, and they make a world of difference in comfort, in my opinion.

As far as lowering it, I'm not sure...my present Night Train was lowered when I got it...looked great...but rode like a stage coach in the old west...practically a "hard tail"...so I changed it.

Hey, Mad Max...I mean Motorbikerx, lol...yeah those Burleigh Bars are choice...like about everything from "down under" it seems! thumb up

Got a picture of your Vegas?

Oh, and about that "Easter bullshit" remark...better watch out, mate...that "Big 'Roo in the Sky" just might scatter some gravel around the next bend when you come around dragging your pegs...you never know! :ltr:

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Well, in all honesty, I'm in the process of buying a 2013 Hammer as we speak, and I'm not exactly sure what I want to do...other than to definitely change the stock bars...I just don't like their looks at all...and I like forward foot controls...had them on both my Harley Night Trains, and they make a world of difference in comfort, in my opinion.

As far as lowering it, I'm not sure...my present Night Train was lowered when I got it...looked great...but rode like a stage coach in the old west...practically a "hard tail"...so I changed it.

Hey, Mad Max...I mean Motorbikerx, lol...yeah those Burleigh Bars are choice...like about everything from "down under" it seems! thumb up

Got a picture of your Vegas?

Oh, and about that "Easter bullshit" remark...better watch out, mate...that "Big 'Roo in the Sky" just might scatter some gravel around the next bend when you come around dragging your pegs...you never know! :ltr:
exactly what Id expect from a God of Fear...God bless you too mate.
pic of my bike, yeah sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
You definitely look like you're ready for about anything in that first pic! lol

Your bike looks great...is that a 6 inch rise on your bars?

How about your pipes...baffles in or out?...loud enough for you?

The top one looks like it's "notched" a bit on the end...did you do that or is that stock?

Didn't mean any harm with my friendly "warning"...you made your statement...I made mine back...no worries!

Let's ride! lol :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice Vegas! Thanks guys. My whole idea with what I want to accomplish with the bike is to do subtle things to it without taking away from its originality. I don't want it to turn into Frankenstein. Lol

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
You definitely look like you're ready for about anything in that first pic! lol

Your bike looks great...is that a 6 inch rise on your bars?

How about your pipes...baffles in or out?...loud enough for you?

The top one looks like it's "notched" a bit on the end...did you do that or is that stock?

Didn't mean any harm with my friendly "warning"...you made your statement...I made mine back...no worries!

Let's ride! lol :)
All good,
Ready for anything yeah, except torrential rain, coming home from a meeting in Byron Bay there was some wild weather and I took refuge in one of my favourite tunnels, never one to miss an opportunity I got the girl to photograph me dripping wet, I 5also got some great bike pix. The tunnel has stark raw lighting and I've also used it to video my old Ford idling cammily the night I did a 500 mile 'break in' run.
Its a great place to take refuge from the storm and also snap a few pix.
My criteria on the custom Burleigh Bars was for my hands to be in the same position as stock and to ease up on the wrist angle. Because the risers are eliminated it gives an illusion the bars are risen when actually they arent, tho if Kurtso made em the way he liked they woulve had more rise and pullback in em,
I am happy with the stock position.
The feeling of power and control when riding is larglely an illusion too but its real, if you get my drift.
Freedom Performance pipes are actually worn flatter on the bottom pipe from grinding on the road when cranked right over two-up, both pipes originally had the swoopy notch but I've eliminated it on the bottom one, its one way of gaining a little more clearance, a little brutal but effective, you can hear it occasionally on my Rathdowney videos above the wind noise.
Pipes are as they come with some reverse louvre baffling but nothing to block flow, they sound great!
On Sundays Victory Run with 40 other Vics and Indians I got Ron the organisers award for loudest pipes
"hey Chris you got the loudest pipes here, can you just keep it :)down a bit in suburbia and when we leave here?" was what he said :)
I thought they may have been too loud when I first biught the bike but theyve grown on me, the sound and the look, I've always been a black bike black motor black pipes man but I changed somewhat on that 1200 mile ride home,
I got possesed by the piwer and bling of my new Victory Vegas, and I saw the light!
A Fantastic bike, and a bit unique out here downunder.

·
Registered
144 Posts
LOL...I know what you mean...SOME "bling" looks pretty good! I experimentd a bit with my previous '03 Night Train, just to see how I'd like it...first pic is stock chrome...

second is turn signals and lower forks blacked out...

Last one is lower forks and exhaust pipes blacked out...ran it about two weeks with no paint peeling on pipes.

Finally went back to all stock, except the lower forks. Used spray "Plastic Dip" for the signals and forks, after wiping with rubbing alcohol...peels right off by hand when you want, but the forks still looked good after two years with no problems...used high temperature engine block paint on the exhausts...had to use #0000 steel wool to get if off the pipes.

Did everything ON the bike, just carefully covered everything with newspaper and masking tape...didn't have to remove anything.

So, it's pretty easy to make some changes, if the mood ever strikes...and then change back if you get tired of it! :)

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts