Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's nice to see the Hammer S return for 2016.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been tossing around the idea of buying a new Hammer for about eight months......having a hard time pulling the trigger though. I was looking at the 2015 Hammer 8 Ball, but the closest dealer is 200 miles away and when I went for a factory demo ride this past June they didn't have a Hammer to ride and I wasn't too thrilled with the Gunner. The motor however was unbelievable though, so much more than my 1300 VTX (Honda). Well now I have seen the photos of the new Hammer S, with dual gauges, dual front disks, and that sweet Cobra optional 2-1 exhaust, I have an itch to buy again really bad. Love the colour scheme too!

I note that you have a Hammer and I believe your bike will be almost the same as the new 2016 Hammer S, and would love to hear your thoughts regarding fit/finish, reliability, and all negative and positive comments alike that you would share.

Thanks Cobra

·
Registered
632 Posts
I note that you have a Hammer and I believe your bike will be almost the same as the new 2016 Hammer S, and would love to hear your thoughts regarding fit/finish, reliability, and all negative and positive comments alike that you would share.

Thanks Cobra
This month Motorcycle consumer news has a road test on the 16 hammer, Might be worth a read.....

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been tossing around the idea of buying a new Hammer for about eight months......having a hard time pulling the trigger though. I was looking at the 2015 Hammer 8 Ball, but the closest dealer is 200 miles away and when I went for a factory demo ride this past June they didn't have a Hammer to ride and I wasn't too thrilled with the Gunner. The motor however was unbelievable though, so much more than my 1300 VTX (Honda). Well now I have seen the photos of the new Hammer S, with dual gauges, dual front disks, and that sweet Cobra optional 2-1 exhaust, I have an itch to buy again really bad. Love the colour scheme too!

Thanks Cobra
Although refinement and engine manners have improved quite a bit aince 07, the handling and overall geometry are the same, except for the handlebars. The fat tire takes some getting used to, but it still handles better than any harley I've ever ridden.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
my 13 hammer

i am pleased with my 13 hammer very much + feel the upgrades on the new S is a good buy. even though not really needed i added a second disc + cost was over 2G no labor!! a built for you Penske shock smooths the ride a lot + pirelli night dragon tyres increase handling + braking + help the firm ride IMO. i will sell you that Cobra exhaust in black for $400, i took off my 13 Hammer

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am pleased with my 13 hammer very much + feel the upgrades on the new S is a good buy. even though not really needed i added a second disc + cost was over 2G no labor!! a built for you Penske shock smooths the ride a lot + pirelli night dragon tyres increase handling + braking + help the firm ride IMO. i will sell you that Cobra exhaust in black for $400, i took off my 13 Hammer
The dual brakes aren't for the extra stopping power as much as they are to prevent fading.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Motorcycle Consumer News

This month Motorcycle consumer news has a road test on the 16 hammer, Might be worth a read.....
I ordered the November 2015 digital copy of Motorcycle Consumer News, thank you for the recommendation. The article on the Victory Hammer S is an excellent read and the two reviewers speak very highly of the new Victory Hammer, mind you they also speak highly of all previous Victory Hammers too! They actually compare the new Hammer to a recently reviewed H.D. Breakout and although close, they give the edge to the Victory.

As soon as the dealer gets their new Hammer S in I'll be making the trip to see it. I'm actually happy I didn't buy the 2015 Hammer 8 Ball back in June as I really love the new paint scheme on the 2016 Hammer S. I just hope the colour is deep, dark red against black. It's difficult to truly tell because when looking at the various photos, the red moves from deep, dark red to orange red. Has anyone actually seen a new Hammer S up close and personal?

The dealer expected his copy to arrive in three to four weeks, so I'll keep you posted as to whether I'm joining the Victory family or not. Until then, thanks to all for your assistance.

Cobra😉

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gunner, Hammer S and a Highball are the next choices come new bike time.
I dont know how anything other than the Hammer and Jackpot can get any traction at WOT.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
What does WOT means ??

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Ha ha thanks, tire spin is easy on JP yes true

But only in first gear

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
I can plan and save up all though winter and do something come April or may, Everyone keeps saying what bike do you really want, truth be told....I really want my 05 Hayabusa back, needed the cash and let it go, but I would want it back just as I sold it, I have no idea where or what it looks like now, or if its even till on the road, live and you learn......

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm surprised that the new Victory Hammer S doesn't have better front brake cable management. Are the brake hydraulic hoses simply loose because they can't be attached to the lower front shock because it is an inverted shock? I really don't like the look of the hoses/cables simply dangling out there. Any comments? Anyone else notice this and is there a fix?

Cobra

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
What's wrong with the brake lines ?? On the jap bikes there is a bracket that guides the breaklines just before the fork travel, and on the break caliper it is about 45 °

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
King of the Hammers

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts