Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather is getting more pleasant by the day here in Fayetteville, NC and tragedy struck yesterday when I pulled my bike out the garage and he wouldn't start. :( Just got his oil changed and he's been running fine, back fires from time to time but nothing that hinders the ride. New plugs were put on last summer and I've already checked them. He cranks but won't turn over. A friend of mine told me I may need to clean my carburater. I pulled out the oil dipstick and it does have a fuel smell to it which I know aint good. I've been riding him on warm days in the winter so for the most part, he's only sat in the garage for 2 weeks. Any suggestions? (2005 Hammer)

·
Registered
3 Posts
05 hammer

i have around 8000 miles on my bike. just started messing around with it tonight checked connections, fuses, plugs. just got it down to the throtle bodies to check them out. any suggestions on cleaning them, kind of a pain to get to.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i have around 8000 miles on my bike. just started messing around with it tonight checked connections, fuses, plugs. just got it down to the throtle bodies to check them out. any suggestions on cleaning them, kind of a pain to get to.
pull the tank, remove the throttle body cover and take a q tip or i like to use one of those cheap foam paint brushes, poor some carb cleaner on it and rub the throttle body walls with it and get the buttery fly valves real good too. you'll be amazed at the results. i'm in the habit of cleaning mine at every oil change.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Do NOT POUR carb cleaner into your throttle bodies. I hope that was a typo.

You need to put a rag down in the throttle bodies first then SPRAY the cleaner and follow Bungln's steps.
\
meant pour it on the brush.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.