Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to kick off a thread for anything going on in the Hampton Roads area over the next couple months. Im sure there are plenty of year round riders out here and plenty to see/do in the off season, if nothing else, Cracker Barrel runs are authorized... lol. Im located in the GreatBridge portion of Chesapeake. Also wanted to say thanks to the ADMINS for settin this up.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*Bump
Anyone doing any day runs or such during our extreme (said sarcastically) winter here in the Hampton Roads area? Just checking on the Vic population out here....

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got back from working in Maryland the last month. I'm always lookin for a place to ride. Maryland was a blast on my off time. I have some things tying up the next couple weekends but post when/where your going and let's try to hook up. I'm right off 168 and great bridge. About 5 minutes from all out cycles.

If your interested in running a saddlesore 1000 were cooking one up for the August time frame or there abouts. Will post here when we get more solid plans. anything to link up some of the area Vic riders. thumb up

Tim

·
Registered
383 Posts
I would be up for a SS in the fall I believe, sounds like a good time.

I wonder if All Out would be interested in hosting a ride in or something? I know their lot is pretty small, but there might be a different location to host something. That might get a few Vics together to meet, any thoughts?

I am actually still waiting on mine to come in. I got an email this am that said it was due at the dealers today, so will see. Hopefully only a few more days.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be up for a SS in the fall I believe, sounds like a good time.

I wonder if All Out would be interested in hosting a ride in or something? I know their lot is pretty small, but there might be a different location to host something. That might get a few Vics together to meet, any thoughts?

I am actually still waiting on mine to come in. I got an email this am that said it was due at the dealers today, so will see. Hopefully only a few more days.
Good deal. What did you pick up?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Saddle Sore 1000 from Virginia Beach Va

Saturday the 12th of May myself and 3 other GW riders rode this route and it worked out VERY well. Weather was perfect, our marked fuel points almost ALL worked out great except Petersburg. A real dump, the pumps sucked but that was the only one. The rest were right on the money with fuel points about 150ish. Waypoint C looks a little weird but that is to document we didn't cut corners getting on 81 and it was a decent on/off the highway stop. Nice little store for the long track down to E. Gas/Food and refresh for the mountain track at E and down we went.

Friggin AWSOME ride! Stopped at F for food after the ride down the mountains then gas at G. The rest was good road and travel with no issues. We did stop at Mile 1 coming into Virginia from NC for a photo op which is not on the map and the only real complaint was the slower speeds on 85 with a butt ton of state troopers making the paycheck count. KSU was at 4am and we rolled back in at 11pm. Kept the speeds just above the lime with 15 minute stops on the way points and 30 for chow on F. I thinking of making this track again later this summer for a charity run another rider is working with and I can post more notes if needed. We did all have CBs and that made it even more coordinated and fun. I will say the chatter died off about 14 hours into the trip... lol...

If anyone needs some assistance in doing one of these, I now have ONE under my belt... lol! Tim thumb up

http://g.co/maps/gmbrc

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
383 Posts
Man, I can't win for loosing....LOL you are doing your TOH on the 22nd of sept, the day I am heading to Oklahoma. Then the tour truck comes on the 27th of Oct, the day I am doing my TOH......lol

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man, I can't win for loosing....LOL you are doing your TOH on the 22nd of sept, the day I am heading to Oklahoma. Then the tour truck comes on the 27th of Oct, the day I am doing my TOH......lol
Yep, your going to miss a good time bud! All Out Cycles has the flyers out now and looking for a few volunteers to help with the Demo day if any one is interested. Shoot me a PM.

thumb up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts