Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any ideas on where I can find a set on stock or custom Passenger Hand Rails?

Any suggestions since I can't find any? I suppose one could customize something off the truck bracket? Has it been done to date?

Thanks,

LB

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'm really surprised someone hasn't duplicated the victory part. Wouldn't be too difficult.

They do come up for sale sometimes online on FB.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Hand rails? Do you mean the arm rests?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hand rails? Do you mean the arm rests?
That is a good point. I assumed they meant the grab handles on each side of passenger seat. Optional accessory.

Now reading again about using trunk mount they probably are looking for the arm rests.

Both come up for sale on FB groups so that is where to ask about them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Folks,

I Looking for the Chrome Passenger Grab Rails that mount between the bags and the seat. It seems about every picture of a CCT I see has them on there but my bike ( bought used last year ) does not.

I have the former dealer doing a search and have scoured the web. No Luck to date.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
That is what I thought. I see them rarely on the used market. It was an optional add-on accessory.

They are not too complicated to duplicate but I don't think enough money in it to be worth time or someone would be doing it.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Not unicorn someone just listed them on the Facebook group but they will be gone by end of day.

I bought my bike with all the stuff on it. I have never had a passenger so not sure their preference but I use those grab handles to strap down my little drink cooler on passenger seat. :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
"Victory Motorcycles - buy sell trade" on Facebook. Have to join the group there.

Like I said they probably won't be there at end of day.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi Folks,

I Looking for the Chrome Passenger Grab Rails that mount between the bags and the seat. It seems about every picture of a CCT I see has them on there but my bike ( bought used last year ) does not.

I have the former dealer doing a search and have scoured the web. No Luck to date.
Do you happen to have a picture of this? I'd really like to see it if you do. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
I hope you guys find the passenger hand/grab rails. I bought them when I bought my CCT and they're great. They're likely strong enough to lift the entire bike in the air. As a passenger grab rail, they're not really that functional. But for someplace to attach anything to or to pick up a fallen bike, they're wonderful.

There are a few Victory parts/swap pages on Facebook. Join all of them. Plus contact the company in, I think, Minnesota that sells used Victory parts and entire bikes. Send them an email or call them to let them know what you want. It'll show up eventually.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I bought them when I bought my CCT and they're great. They're likely strong enough to lift the entire bike in the air. As a passenger grab rail, they're not really that functional. But for someplace to attach anything to or to pick up a fallen bike, they're wonderful.
This.

Makes lifting the bike from a tip over cake. Grab that handle and the handlebars and up you go. I think I already mentioned the usefulness as tie down point so I agree on that too. I always have straps on them. :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Now I'm curious what is a unicorn price?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well the unicorn price is the price that the market will bear for a part that it perceives is difficult to find. I am sure I paid too much, but that is what we have to do at this stage with these bikes I guess. Sadly there are a few things I want for this bike that fall into this category of a unicorn hunt so I am sure this won't be the last time I will have to suck it up and pay more than I should to get something I want. I have a 2011 XR and I am also looking for the tachometer kit for it if anyone has any leads on one of those. :)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
It is a very high price. A unicorn is extremely rare (some would argue it is rare to the point of non-existence :) ) and, hence, is very valuable. Some Victory parts exhibit rarity similar to that of a unicorn and thus are very expensive. Describing something as a "unicorn" is an internet meme that means rare and, by extension, expensive.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Had to deal with 'unicorn' prices when I owned my Suzuki Cavalcade. Trim rails that went around the saddlebags were very desirable (much like the forged crash bars for the XC) and commanded a huge price.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts