Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Bought a 2007 Victory Vegas a couple of months ago. I must not be used to it yet because the balance seems all wrong to me. Call me crazy but it seems that the skinny front tire wants to cause the bike to steer very quickly and follow cracks and groves in the road. It also feels like the front end has no weight on the road. Is this what I can expect from the front tire ?? The air pressure is at the correct 36psi. Has anyone else had a problem adjusting to the front tire ? Thanks Jack

·
Registered
223 Posts
Your skinny front tire will track in grooves and cracks. that's why touring and cruisers have fatter front tires. But check your tires that they are a matched set. and the condition of the tires. If you have a raidial and a bias ply your bike will act squirly and could be dangerous. If all is good next time try a differant brand tire. There are as many opinions as stars in the sky of what tire is best. Dig into this fourm through the search window and make your own decision.

·
Registered
755 Posts
If you are over 200 lbs front tire must be at 38 psi and the rear 40. I used to have similar complaints and since I have my pressure at the correct number bike has been a huge joy to ride.
Also how many miles do you have on the bike? If you are at 15k or getting close to it, it's time for fork service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are over 200 lbs front tire must be at 38 psi and the rear 40. I used to have similar complaints and since I have my pressure at the correct number bike has been a huge joy to ride.
Also how many miles do you have on the bike? If you are at 15k or getting close to it, it's time for fork service.

Hi, Thanks for the tips. I only weigh about 150lb. My bike has 14, 500 miles on it. What do they do with Fork Service ? By the way, the front tire is a lot newer than the rear tire. Both are Dunlaps.

·
Registered
755 Posts
It's just an oil change. Some of the members done it in their garage but I took mine to the shop. They were done in one hour. I forgot the exact amount but I think it was around $140 for the whole thing. I ended up going with little heavier fork oil and that also did improve the bike's handling big time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts