Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went for a ride today. I have only had this bike for a few weeks. It has the 2.5" pull-backs I think is what they are called. So having to pull the bike and maneuver it in a dirt parking lot I pushed down on the bars a bit I guess and to my surprise, they went down some. So when I got home I started to investigate fixing this problem. so I found the back bolts for the risers. They are installed from the bottom up, and are accessible. I looked up the torque, I think like 22 ft lb. Torqued those 2 bolts. They were pretty loose like maybe 10 ft lb on a guess.
My question to you guys is I could not access the forward bolts. It looks like you have to disassemble the fairing to gain access to them. I am thinking if I got the rear bolts torqued to spec I should be good with the others right? I would like to get a wrench on them, but short of tearing the entire fairing off I dont see how to get to them.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Yes, you have to dig into the fairing to access the top bolts. Tightening the bottom bolts only is a reasonable place to start. Once tightened, push up and down on the bars. If you cannot move them, the clamping is tight enough.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did give them a shove after torquing them to spec. They seem OK. Makes sense you should be able to adjust them to suit you. I just dont think I am up for tearing apart the entire fairing right now.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
You shouldn't have to "tear your fairing apart". You can remove the outer and there are 4 bolts that hold the inner mount on. Loosen those bolts and you can probably pull the inner forward enough to gain access.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dan. Thats kind of what it looked like. Only was trying to figure out how to support the fairing while I was tightening the bolts. Hmm maybe the wife can give me a hand for a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
WOW ouch. she dont read this forum huh?
Well , no she doesn't read the forum , but I will say .... Well , Murphy's Law , that's how I plead . :ltr:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts